Freezing Cookie Dough

Archive of all the super recipes found on the board.

Moderators: krafteekaren, Caboobie, crafterwannabe, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Freezing Cookie Dough

Postby Alma » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:08 am

Date Posted: 22:07:33 12/17/11 Sat
Author: Lori Jean
Subject: Has Anyone Made Cookie Dough Ahead of Time?

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has made cookie dough a couple day in advance for Christmas day baking? I thought about making chocolate chip cookie dough ahead of time, however, I don't know how long it will keep fresh in the fridge. Maybe if I put the dough in a Zip Lock freezer bag? Thanks for any help on this one.

Hugs,
Lori Jean

Replies:

[> Re: Has Anyone Made Cookie Dough Ahead of Time? -- Cindy, 22:26:55 12/17/11 Sat [1]

I make cookie dough ahead of time and freeze it. I scoop it out the size cookie I want to make and freeze on a cookie sheet, when they are frozen I pack them in a freezer bag, take out as much as you want to bake at a time and you can have fresh baked cookies anytime!

[> Re: Has Anyone Made Cookie Dough Ahead of Time? -- SueZQ, 23:35:21 12/17/11 Sat [1]

When I have a lot of baking to do, I will stir up all of my recipes one day, refrigerate them overnight, and bake them the next day. One dough that does not do well after sitting is spritz. I think that it has something to do with the butter content of them, but they are much harder to handle after an overnight chill. Like Cindy, I always keep balled choc. chip and peanut butter dough in the freezer, then when you get unexpected guests or need a quick snack, you get fresh cookies right out of the oven!

[> Re: Has Anyone Made Cookie Dough Ahead of Time? -- Lori Jean, 21:53:41 12/18/11 Sun [1]

Cindy and SueZQ, thank you very much for your help! I love your idea of scooping out the cookie dough into balls ahead of time. I'll bet that's a real time saver! Thanks so much again!

Hugs,
Lori Jean :o)

[> Re: Has Anyone Made Cookie Dough Ahead of Time? -- SueZQ, 22:47:46 12/18/11 Sun [1]

You're welcome. Merry Christmas and happy baking.

[> Re: Has Anyone Made Cookie Dough Ahead of Time? -- garnet, 08:18:44 12/19/11 Mon [1]

I have made cookie dough and frozen it for baking as needed or production baking. Here's what I did.

First, I had DH cut heavy cardboard tubes (from foil, etc) in half lengthwise for molds. These were lined with plastic wrap and filled with dough and pressed together. The plastic wrap was wrapped around the roll of dough to seal, and the roll was frozen for later slicing and baking.

A single tube could be used repeatedly, but I had 3 cut.

I used a spritz recipe and added a different flavor and color to each batch. I made as many batches as my freezer would hold.

[> Re: Has Anyone Made Cookie Dough Ahead of Time? -- Lori Jean, 09:59:13 12/19/11 Mon [1]

Garnet,

That's a fabulous idea! Why didn't I think of that?! Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

Hugs,
Lori Jean
Alma

Return to Recipe Archive Board