Diabetic Desserts

Archive of all the super recipes found on the board.

Moderators: krafteekaren, Caboobie, crafterwannabe, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Diabetic Desserts

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Date Posted: 13:36:25 12/16/11 Fri
Author: Addy
Subject: Need diabetic sweets for work Christmas party

I always make fudge, cake balls and cookies for my DH to take to work for their Christmas party. One of the workers has found out he has to take the shots for his diabetis. So my DH ask if I could make some sweets so he could have some too.
I know there are a gazillion online but I really need something tried and true.
Thanks for your help
Addy

Replies:
[> Re: Need diabetic sweets for work Christmas party -- Londonlee, 11:13:03 12/17/11 Sat [1]

This is from a diabetic recipe book but it is a great recipe for anyone... my non diabetic brother in law's favourite cookies. I have made these for years.
(((HUGS)))Lee

Meringues

2 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/4 c fine sugar
1/2 package mini chocolate chips ( 3 ounces by weight)

Place egg whites, vanilla and vinegar in a bowl and beat till white and frothy.
Slowly add sugar as you continue beating.
Whip till stiff and glossy.
Lightly fold in the chocolate chips
Cover cookie sheet with foil, dull side up and drop mixture by spoonful on sheet.

Bake at 250* F for about an hour

Cool completely

Store in air tight container

Makes about 36

1 meringue = 1 Extra

Do not try to make make these on a humid day

I sometimes add a drop or two of green food colouring and use mint flavouring instead of vanilla or shake a few coloured sprinkles on before baking.

[> Re: Need diabetic sweets for work Christmas party -- Ana, 13:57:16 12/17/11 Sat [1]

Pumpkin pie..equal.com
banana squares...Kraft.com (healthy eating section)

[> Re: Need diabetic sweets for work Christmas party -- Londonlee, 23:31:01 12/17/11 Sat [1]

This is a very easy impressive dessert that anyone will enjoy. Diabetics like to be able to have treats that everyone can enjoy. Both recipes are one that have been used for years in my home and no one has ever complained that they were not up to par, I serve them to both diabetic & non diabetics. My diabetic friends know I won't serve them things that will upset their sugars and I never needed to explain to the rest, they just gobble them up.
(((HUGS)))Lee

Mini Cheesecakes

3 (8 oz.) light cream cheese softened
1 cup Splenda
4 eggs
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 pkg. vanilla wafers

Sugar free or reduced jam

Combine the cream cheese, Splenda, eggs & lemon juice.
Blend until smooth.
Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each small muffin cup; you may wish to use small paper muffin cups first, makes clean up easier.
Portion the cream cheese filling onto each vanilla wafer until 3/4 full.
Bake at 350*F for 20 minutes.

Cooled cheesecakes maybe frozen at this point.

Top with 1 tablespoon of low sugar jam of your choice, or fresh fruit.
Yield 56 servings

Each serving : 1 fruit/vegetable, 1 fat/oil, 7 carbohydrate, 2 g protein, 4 g fat, 72 kcal

[> Re: Need diabetic sweets for work Christmas party -- *, 13:40:01 12/18/11 Sun [1]

[> Re: Need diabetic sweets for work Christmas party -- Addy, 00:35:42 12/20/11 Tue [1]

Thank you Londonlee and Ana for your recipes. I'm going with the meringues,banana squares and mini cheesecakes.
Thanks for your help
Hugs,
Addy
crafterwannabe

Return to Recipe Archive Board