recipe baked macaroni and cheese

Archive of all the super recipes found on the board.

Moderators: krafteekaren, Caboobie, crafterwannabe, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

recipe baked macaroni and cheese

Postby Wilma » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:49 am

Date Posted: 15:39:26 12/17/11 Sat
Author: Reta
Subject: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese

Ok, so family wants baked macaroni and cheese to go with ham for Christmas dinner. Does anyone have a tried and true recipe they are willing to share with me. Haven't baked macaroni and cheese in a long while.
Thanks,
Reta

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- Bren S. on FL, 18:53:41 12/17/11 Sat [1]

I used to cook for a day care and they raved about my baked mac and cheese. Cook your macaroni and set aside. For the sauce, I start by making a rue (that is a flour and butter mixed together in the pan, for a 13 x 9 pan about 1/2 cup flour and 3 TBS butter or margarine) mix over medium heat, then add milk about 2 cups) Stir until all lumps are out, this makes a white sauce (what cooks call it), then add any cheeses you want. I like to add three or four varieties. Stir over medium heat till heated and cheese(s) are melted. Salt and Pepper to taste. Pour macaroni into 13 x 9 pan sprayed with Pam. Pour cheese sauce over the top and mix with macaroni. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and brown. Adapt the directions to your needs can be cut in half for 8 x 8 pan. Enjoy!

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- Reta, 19:24:21 12/17/11 Sat [1]
Bren,
Thank you so much. I remembered making the white sauce just couldn't the whole recipe. My family will thank you for this.
Reta

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- garnet, 09:35:57 12/19/11 Mon [1]

How much macaroni?

Precooked macaroni or dry?

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- grannytme, 04:31:25 12/23/11 Fri [1]
I'm sure you would cook the macaroni

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- treee, 03:20:45 12/23/11 Fri [1]

I've never and made baked macaroni and cheese. been wanting to. I'll be making your recipe for it for Christmas. thanks for sharing your recipe.

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- Cougar1, 19:38:12 12/24/11 Sat [1]

Could you tell us how much dry macaroni you used?
Also, which cheeses and how much? I would love to
try this. ~Tricia

[> [> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- Bren S. in FL, 19:56:43 12/24/11 Sat [1]

I guess everyone missed it in the directions. It says to COOK the macaroni and set aside first. Then you make the sauce and combine them and bake. SORRY for the confusion. I hope you all try it though, very good. ENJOY!!

Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- Bren S in FL, 20:05:35 12/24/11 Sat [1]

The cheeses depend on your tastes. I use Cheddar (although it is stringy), mozzerella, colby, american, parmesan, velveeta, whatever kind you enjoy and/or have on hand. Start with a 1/2 cup of one and add till you are happy with the amount of cheese(s) and taste. I try to use about 3-4 different kinds but you could just use one and it would be fine too. You can also salt and pepper to taste, or wait till it is served. If it gets a little thick, add a small amount of milk and/or butter to thin it out again.It all depends on how "saucey" you want your mac and cheese. It will dry out a little during baking, so you do want to make it pretty saucey before baking. I hope this helps, it really is easy once you make it.

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- Bren S in FL, 20:08:08 12/24/11 Sat [1]
Sorry it was in another post, use about a 16 oz box of macaroni for the 13 x 9 pan.

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- garnet, 07:35:42 12/25/11 Sun [1]

Thank you for your additional explanation. I will try the recipe this week!

[> Re: Need recipe baked macaroni and cheese -- birdhousebonnie, 10:19:05 12/25/11 Sun [1]

I put several cubes (each about 1 inch square) of Adirondack (which is a very sharp cheddar)along with regular cheddar cheese. Sometimes for extra flavor, I add garlic salt/pepper and then sprinkle paprika on the top.
Date Posted: 07:09:24 12/21/11 Wed
Author: garnet
Subject: Bren S on Fl Question about your recipe

I want to make your baked macaroni recipe. Questions ...

How much macaroni? 16 oz pkg?

Precooked macaroni or out of the box?

Replies:
[> Re: Bren S on Fl Question about your recipe -- Bren S. in FL, 19:53:16 12/22/11 Thu [1]

yes, a 16oz box will be fine. Just cook it first,then put it in the pan and when the sauce is ready, you pour it over the macaroni and stir it up and bake it. YUMMY! I gotta make me some.
Wilma

Return to Recipe Archive Board