Poem: Baby Blanket to Finish When Gender Known

Archive for Baby Shower and Baby Gift Ideas.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Poem: Baby Blanket to Finish When Gender Known

Postby Kitty62 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:18 pm

Date Posted: 09:38:05 11/14/07 Wed
Author: Frankie
Subject: Need help from our poets, please.

I'm crocheting a baby blanket and bunting for a baby shower. The gender is a secret, so I've done them in white. There will be a pink or blue trim added when the baby is born. I'm attaching a small length of pink and blue yarn to the edge of the blanket to let mom know the colors that will be added when the baby comes. I've tried to compose a little poem for a tag and am stuck on the finishing lines. Can someone please help me out?
Now please feel free to change, alter, or do anything that may make this poem sound better. I am not a poet and am trying.....tee-hee

Girls wear pink,
Boys wear blue.
Since the gender is a secret,
What do I do?
I've make this bunting and blanket white,
But something just doesn't seem right.

Can someone help me finish this poem or fix it up a bit?
Thanks for you help.
Frankie

[> Re: Need help from our poets, please. -- Frankie, 02:10:09 11/15/07 Thu [1]

Wow! That is just perfect! How did you come up with such a great ending to the poem? I've been working for days on this little poem and could not find a way to finish it up. I love how you fixed it up for me. Thanks so much for your help.
Hugs,
Frankie

[> Re: Need help from our poets, please. -- -Cougar1, 11:17:48 11/14/07 Wed [1]

What a cute idea...and a cute poem. Can't wait to see what they do with it. I don't think it needs much to end it.

BTW, did you know that originally way back whenever that pink was designated for boys and blue was for girls? Then some big shot lady (kind of like a Miss Manners type person of that era) had it changed to how we know it now.

[> Re: Need help from our poets, please. -- Crafty Me2, 12:07:52 11/14/07 Wed [1]

Frankie,
Great idea for the gifts and poem, I've tweaked it, a bit...hope it helps ;-) Crafty Me2

We all know that girls wear pink,
And little boys are dressed in blue.
Since the gender’s a secret,
What am ... I supposed to do?
I've made the bunting and blanket, white,
But some how, it just doesn't seem right.
So, after your baby is born, a trim, I’ll do,
Because then, we’ll know to add pink or blue.
Kitty62

Return to Baby Shower & Gift Archive Board