Words of Love & Comfort to Accompany Quilt for Ill Dad

Archive of Poems.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Words of Love & Comfort to Accompany Quilt for Ill Dad

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:27 am

Date Posted: 18:12:01 01/28/16 Thu
Author: Tralynn
Subject: prayer or comfort quilt

This is very hard for me to ask, but I need to. My father was diagnosed with cancer and is receiving chemo. I will be going to visit him soon, we are in different states. The quilt will have pictures of my mother and him, my brothers, sister and I. I would like a poem to give with it. Something that would say when your feeling sad, alone, cold, etc. etc. please use this quilt and you are not alone. It is mainly going to be from my sister and I. We are a very close family and I want him to know even though we are far apart right now he is very much loved and cared for. Thanks for any and all help. Also if you have any ideas for writing on the quilt squares, a verse, a passage any thing please let me know.

Replies:
[> Re: prayer or comfort quilt -- JoyinMT, 13:46:55 01/29/16 Fri [1]

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
Commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
This divine promise to Israel should give every Christian hope, for we have been reconciled to the God of the Jews through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. If this is God's heart to a nation that has gone astray, how much more is God ready to strengthen those who call upon the name of Jesus. So don't become so overwhelmed by your current situations that you forget to call upon the One who loves you, has redeemed you, and is with you today.

Above is a Bible verse and a commentary - use verse, if you want to. and Below is the poem I just wrote - feel free to change to fit - OK?

Dear Daddy dear, when you feel sad and cold and all alone,
This comforter's made just for you - with love each block was sewn.
Wrap it 'round you, and think of us, we're scattered every where; Just hug it tight & know you are loved and know we each do care.
This road you're on is really rough - just know God's love is true; So when you're sad, cold and alone, wrap tight - we love you, too!
Here's pictures, Dad; you, Mom and us. So snuggle and keep warm. Somehow with God and love and us, you'll beat this Cancer Storm.
29-Jan-16-Joy Hall

[> Re: prayer or comfort quilt -- Tralynn, 05:45:12 01/30/16 Sat [1]

JoyinMT, Want to tell you the poem you shared is beautiful. This is just what I was looking for or wanting to say. Thank you so much.

[> Re: prayer or comfort quilt -- JoyinMT, 12:05:49 01/30/16 Sat [1]

Thank YOU, Tralynn. I had P.T. again yesterday and after one of the older gals working out mentioned that SHE was helping a friend make a very similar quilt for her Dad, who was VERY ILL, I told her about the poem I wrote. but she just smiled - since she is only a distant friend. IF the daughter of the ailing Dad was interested, I'd only have to change one word! Amazing, isn't it!
Love and blessings to you, Joy

[> [> Re: prayer or comfort quilt -- Tralynn, 21:25:01 01/30/16 Sat [1]

This is very special to me and I want to thank you once again.
crafterwannabe

Return to Poems Archive Board