Idea/Poem: Fan Away Your Worries - Paper Fans

Archive of Poems.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Idea/Poem: Fan Away Your Worries - Paper Fans

Postby crafterwannabe » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:31 am

Date Posted: 18:17:42 08/17/06 Thu
Author: Doreen
Subject: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag

For anyone needing comfort, I thought of giving a fan with this tag/poem...*Tag will be deleted*

Fan away your worries
Close your eyes and you will see
To each cloud there's a silver lining
Each time for all to see.
So as you look at the horizon
Feel the soft breeze and you will know
God's love is everlasting
The Bible tells us so!
Doreen Scerri © 2006

Hugs
Doreen :)

Replies:
[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Leli, 21:37:25 08/17/06 Thu [1]

Doreen....this tag came at a perfect time for me...On Saturday I'm having a bunch of the "girls" over ( seven in all ) and I made fans for all...now this tag will fit in perfectly with this. Thanks so much...

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- jacksmum, 00:13:19 08/18/06 Fri [1]

Doreen that is a brilliant idea, Thank you once again for sharing your talents with us all.
Sue :)

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Betty F, 08:21:06 08/19/06 Sat [1]

This is the translation site I use

http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/tr

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Susan (Doreen's sis), 08:29:18 08/19/06 Sat [1]

Thank you Betty for the translation site, this could come useful.
Susan.

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Doreen, 05:22:26 08/18/06 Fri [1]

Hi ladies, so glad you think it is a good idea and that you liked the tag.

Claudia, thank you for the 'wallpaper' fans idea.
Leli, I'm pleased you can use the tag with the fans you made for your friends.
My pleasure Sue, I think I might make one for myself LOL!

Enjoy!
Hugs

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- crafterwannabe, 11:36:20 08/19/06 Sat [1]

Doreen, I love your poem and tag - thank you! I've had fans on my "list" ever since Betty talked about making them as give-aways for folks in a senior complex. I keep forgetting to check the paint departments to see if they still provide free paint sticks (since I was going to make that kind of fan) - that was a tip from somebody here. I think I saw packages of smaller stir sticks you can buy now too.

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- kritterno1, 13:36:45 08/19/06 Sat [1]

If paint sticks are too big, what about large craft sticks or tongue depressors?
Mary

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Gail, 06:10:08 08/18/06 Fri [1]

Doreen,
You have been blessed with a talent and thank you for sharing.
hugs,
gail

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Claudia, 19:37:05 08/17/06 Thu [1]

Sooooo nice, Doreen. These would even be nice with the "wallpaper" fans.
Thank you, girlfriend!
Hugs,
Claudia

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- jazbo, 07:04:48 08/18/06 Fri [1]

Doreen, your lovely poem got me to thinking: remember those paper fans that advertised some business & had like a paint stirrer handle, when we were kids? I wonder if we could make our own from wallpaper, etc & include your poem on the back? The paper could be cut into any shape - heart, flower, etc. Just wondering......
(((hugs)))

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- -Cougar1, 07:30:23 08/18/06 Fri [1]

Doreen, thank you so much for the lovely idea and poem. I will make one up and send it to my brother. It's kind of hard to find anything, including cards, that you can send to someone who has been diagnosed as being terminal with something that will cheer them up and not be morbid sounding. There was a double rainbow outside when I got to work the other day, and I took a picture of it and printed it out on the front of a card with words that said One Rainbow Brings You Luck... then on the inside I put Two raibows brings you a card from ME! He should get it today or tomorrow. I think he will like this fan idea. ~Tricia

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Deb, 08:33:57 08/18/06 Fri [1]

what a wonderful idea, tag and poem. Thanks for sharing it with us. ~~Deb~~

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Just Connie, 11:26:15 08/18/06 Fri [1]

Very beautiful and lovely to read. Thank you for sharing...:O)
Hugs,
Just Connie

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Susan ( Doreen's sis), 12:48:51 08/18/06 Fri [1]

That is really pretty, sis.
Pity I can't have that in Italian. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Susan.

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Doreen, 12:51:59 08/18/06 Fri [1]

Thanks Sue, I honestly think you'd do much better at writing Italian poetry than me LOL! You should give it a try.
Love & Hugs

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Doreen, 19:19:44 08/19/06 Sat [1]

Thank you dear friends for your interest and input - I am so pleased this idea can be used for so many different occasions and I hope it will bring a smile to many.

Here is a couple of sites with patterns on how to make pretty fan...

http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/fan.htm

http://www.houseofstirfry.com/chia/templates/fanb.html

And here's a Mary Lincoln Fan (you need Adobe Reader for this)...this is the one with the craft sticks (or paint sticks or tongue depressors)
http://www.alplm.org/education/Mary_Lin ... emplate%22

~For this one you could print the poem on one side and decorate the other side~

And here's another pretty Stampers Sampler

http://www.stampington.com/html/temptin ... e_fan.html

Enjoy!
Hugs

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Judy R, 01:07:59 08/19/06 Sat [1]

Fran, there is a site that you can go to and type in anything and it will be translated to another language. I can't remember what it is, but I'm sure someone here will remember. Hugs, Judy

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- jazbo, 08:29:06 08/21/06 Mon [1]

Doreen, thank you for taking the time to post the links for making the fans. The Mary Lincoln idea was what I was thinking of. Calendar pictures would make great fans! (((hugs)))

[> Re: Fan away your worries ~ An idea and a Tag -- Doreen, 08:57:11 08/21/06 Mon [1]

My pleasure Bonnie, yes I thought you'd like that particular one.
Hugs

P.S. This thread seems to have all the postings mixed up.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:47 pm

Paper Fans

Date Posted: 23:11:52 07/07/08 Mon
Author: Sherron
Subject: Paper Fans

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/sit ... mt=default
crafterwannabe

Return to Poems Archive Board