DIRECTIONS: Purses Made Out of Fleece

Put the instructions for your crafts here. You can add your pic right here or link to it.

Moderators: PattyWV, Caboobie, angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

DIRECTIONS: Purses Made Out of Fleece

Postby debdaniell » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:45 am

Date Posted: 06:01:24 03/01/04 Mon
Author: marie
Subject: purses made out of fleece

I saw one and it was made with purchased handles and then just fringed around that and the other was just a little girls. I would love to know how to do these

[> Re: purses made out of fleece -- Nancy K, 10:24:59 03/01/04 Mon [1]

I just saw a free handout at Hancock Fabrics about the fringed fleece purses. Do you have one of these stores near you? If not let me know and I will try and get back there to get one for you.

[> Re: purses made out of fleece -- Nancy K, 11:47:23 03/02/04 Tue [1]

I don't know how to post pictures. All I have is the paper flyer from the store. I checked their website and couldn't find this pattern there. www.hancockfabrics.com
I will post the directions. The pictures really do help to understand how to make it.
Supplies needed
3/4 yard fleece print
1 ( 3/4" ) shank style button
1 small safety pin
quarter cut ruler by June Tailor
rotary cutter- medium or large size
cutting mat for rotary cutter

Directions
Cut 2 pieces 16" x 24" making sure the stable side of the stretch goes up and down.
Cut out a 4" square from each side of the bottom corner of fleece.
Fringe bottom 4" deep and 1/2" wide across. Tie knots using simple overhand knot.
Fringe each side of purse-- 9" up from bottom.
Tie using overhand knot.
Cut handles 1" wide. Do not cut on dashed line (need to see the picture to understand this) fold down to form flap.
One flap gets tucked into the purse and the other flap folds over the front of the purse. Fringe bottom of flap and tie two strips together.
Safety pin on the shank button and make a slit for the button to fit through.
Hancock Fabrics #1619
1201 S Broadway
Rochester, MN 55904
debdaniell

Return to Instruction Board