instruction to make a chocolate necklace

Put the instructions for your crafts here. You can add your pic right here or link to it.

Moderators: PattyWV, Caboobie, angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

instruction to make a chocolate necklace

Postby Caboobie » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:48 pm

Date Posted: 09:09:07 03/22/06 Wed
Author: Jodi
Subject: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace?

Hi LoriJean, I was just searching for ideas for my daughters bday party and came across your Subject: Chocolate Birthday Necklaces :^) It said when you were finished you'd try to post a pic. Did you? I would love to see it! Thanks! Jodi

Replies:

> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- Lori Jean, 17:02:28 03/22/06 Wed [1]

Hi Jodi,
I didn't receive your email. I'm so sorry! Wow! You must have really dug deep in the archives for that one! :o)
It's been a while, but I will try to see if I can find the pic. They are very easy to make. If you would like me to send instructions, let me know.

Big Hugs,
Lori Jean :o)

Hi Ladies,

I tried to find the pic of my brother wearing the necklace, but I've been unable to locate it. I'll try to describe it the best way I can. Then, I'll make one up this weekend, and have my brother take a pic of it, so I post it for you. :o)
They are soooo easy and can be converted to Birthday, Christmas, Easter, etc.! Here are the steps:

1. Slowly pull out a piece of Saran Wrap (clear or colored) on a flat surface, the length you want the necklace to be. You will want to make it long enough to hang about breast length.

2. Take your wrapped Chocolates (Can be Chocolate eggs, Christmas Shapes, Heart Shapes, Etc., depending on the occasion) and lay them down one side of the Saran Wrap, (leaving about a 1-2 inch space between chocolates,) about 2~1/2 inches from the edge of the Saran Wrap.

3. Fold the 2~1/2 inch saran wrap over the chocolates. You are going to "roll" them up SLOWLY, as tightly as you can.

4. Take narrow colored ribbon (I use the .44 cent rolls from Walmart) and tie little bows BETWEEN the Chocolates.

5. The very last step is to tie the two ends of the Saran Wrap together to form a necklace. I also wrapped clear tape around the ends I tied off. Everyone loves these around the Holidays!

I sure hope I explained this well enough. If you have any questions, please email me!

Hugs,

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- Jodi, 14:04:42 03/23/06 Thu [1]

Thanks LoriJean! Okay while I was waiting for you to find it I tried to make one. I used jolly ranchers not leaving much of a space between and rolled it up. I tied the ribbon (same kind you did) in a bow every two pieces. Then I tied the two ends together with ribbon as well. It turned out really cute! The first on was too small! The second one was better but when I tried to take it off my head after modeling it to my family ;) it was stuck in my hair...bad... Should've had a camcorder, I will definitly use the tape as you did. I have a camera now but don't know how to send to you yet. STILL LEARING. But I am getting there! My DD loved the idea of all the girls making their own. I think I will get bowls and put jolly ranchers and starburst maybe kisses so they can make their own creation at the party. Thanks again ~your so talented!

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- Lori Jean, 17:32:11 03/23/06 Thu [1]

LOL! Jodi, I wish you had a camera too!
They are really easy to make. It just takes a little practice with the first one. I wish I could take credit for this, but I can't. I saw a gal years ago who made some for Valentine's day with the wrapped Palmer Chocolate hearts. They were really cute!

Big Hugs,

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- donna, 18:19:58 03/23/06 Thu [1]

Hi!
I made a necklace similar to this for my grand daughter's graduation. I used nylon net and ribbon and small boxes of candy. It was a big hit and cheap to make.
Donna

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- Donna L., 00:38:56 03/24/06 Fri [1]

I do the same thing with candy kisses at Christmas, I attach the finished length of saran wrap to a 5 or 6 inch heart that is painted red or green. Oh the heart I write Countdown till Christmas. I put 24 kisses in the saran wrap, and they can cut one off each day till Christmas. Oh and I thread the top of the saran wrap through the heart bottom. I am not good and giving directiions, I hope I didn't confuse you too much. Oh and I use Christmas colore kisses in clear saran wrap. and curly ribbon between each kiss.

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- wendy, 21:42:44 03/24/06 Fri [1]

How wide does the saran wrap or netting have to be? I was just wondering if you could use the rolls of tulle that are 5-6 inches wide

wendy

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- Jodi, 21:57:31 03/24/06 Fri [1]

I used the whole width of the box and about 2 1/2 feet of it. When you use the saran wrap it cligs to it so it makes it east to wrap up. I haven't tried the tulle, I will tomorrow but I was thinking it might be harder to roll. Maybe two people rolling one up at a time might help? Not sure but I will let you know tomorrow if someone doesn't let you know. I will be buying the roll kind. Jodi

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- Jodi, 19:38:11 03/26/06 Sun [1]

Wendy, I tried the tulle and can't get it to roll easy. So I stuck with the clear saran. I tried the green and couldn't see the candy.

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- Lori Jean, 20:02:16 03/26/06 Sun [1]

Jodi,
If you use green, you won't be able to really see the candy. Use clear for that.

Hugs,

[> Re: Lori Jean: did you get a pic of birthday necklace? -- Jodi, 20:08:58 03/26/06 Sun [1]

Yeah that's what I was saying. I tried it cuz i thought it would be cool and it wasn't! LOL Thanks Hugs
Caboobie

Return to Instruction Board