Discussion: Print/Graphic Software Members are Using

Put the instructions for your crafts here. You can add your pic right here or link to it.

Moderators: PattyWV, Caboobie, angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Discussion: Print/Graphic Software Members are Using

Postby Wilma » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Date Posted: 02:04:32 12/29/08 Mon
Author: KrafteeKaren
Subject: What Graphic Program Are You Using?

Ladies....some of you have expressed an interest in learning more about the graphic program that you have either purchased or have on your computer. Post here on what program you have or will get and we can find someone to tutor you through the basics.

Example...I have Photoshop (7, 8 and 9 but use 7) and Elements (2.0). And I would be willing to help anyone with either one or both of those programs.

Hugs

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Debbie White (3042355633), 05:27:41 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I have PhotoSuite4. From what I understand, this is a program like Photoshop, isn't it? I would appreciate and help on this as I am really wanting to learn to use a graphics program. Thanks so much in advance to anyone that can give me more info!

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Annie~B, 06:27:03 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite.

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Ginny, 10:05:09 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I have paint shop pro version 7 (at least I think that is the version)

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Kitty, 10:10:00 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I have Corel Paint Shop Pro X. I would just like to know how I get started.
Kitty

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Karen (va), 12:56:39 12/29/08 Mon [1]

Which program would be best? I really want to learn how to make all of these tags and toppers etc.

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- angela, 12:57:26 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I have wanted to get one but not sure what to get. I want to be able to make toppers and such. I love the toppers and candy bar wrappers everyone makes on here and wish I could do the same. I know I have asked before what to get but was so undecided I have put it off.
Then was confused about what exactly is pccreafter? That is or not a program? Can you have templates set on a computer and decorate with graphics you find? How does all this stuff work?

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Snowflake, 13:13:35 12/29/08 Mon [1]

PSP X2

The only thing I have figured out on it is how to use the magic wand to get rid of the white and how to crop part of the photo away. The rest is still very much greek.

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- granniekatto3, 14:32:31 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I received Print shop Deluxe 23 for Christmas...I haven't installed it yet because I'm afraid I won't know how to use it. I know that seems silly, but it is uncharted territory to me. Any help and encouragement will be greatly appreciated...lol...Kathy

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Sondra, 15:18:24 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I use Microsft Digital Image Pro 9
Sondra

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- KrafteeKaren, 15:33:00 12/29/08 Mon [1]

Karen VA....it really all depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to do. I started out with Print Master and honestly thought it was the "cat's meow" until I discovered Photoshop in college. Now that is all I use...even have the newer version and still use the one I learned on.

Elements and Photoshop are designed sort of in the same way...their tool bar has the same tools, etc. Elements is the poor man's graphic program compared to Photoshop....Elements is running $119 on Adobe's site (only until January 5th)....Photoshop is running $700...see Elements is the poor man's graphic program. Either program will do what you want from printables to cropping to taking the red out of eyes to etc. Photoshop will allow you to build websites....my website was built totally on Photoshop....if you want to see it, you'll have to email me because I can not post the link to the site on this board, sorry their rules not mine.

PSP or Paint Shop Pro is harder to learn...I have an older version and had very little problems learning it so I upgraded to a newer version and could not figure it out for anything...even with the book. Right now PSP is running $80 but you might be able to find older versions on E-Bay, remember though you pay for what you get.

Print Master is running $40 now and it is an easy program to learn. To me when you put something on the canvas in Print Master, the size isn't exactly what it should be. But that might be something in the settings too.

There are several of us on the board that does printables and would love to teach any of you. That is why I posted asking what programs you are using so we can get an idea on if we need to study up on a few different programs.
Hugs

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Ann, 15:44:46 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I have purchased Printmaster Plat.18.a couple of months ago and still need to learn a lot.I never use it now just because I don't know or understand all the ins and outs of the program.What ever you decide ,I think a lot of ladies are willing and able to learn.But then again you have to deal with people like me that it takes a bit longer to learn these new things.Ann

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Lisa, 16:56:01 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite Anniversary Edition. They no longer make it from what I hear. My best suggestion is to install what ever you have a play around with it. You'll be amazed at what you can learn just by yourself. That's how I did it. And I'm still learning. Hugs to all, Lisa

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Judy R, 17:53:58 12/29/08 Mon [1]

I use print artist and love it. I also have print shop, but tend to stick with print artist, since it is easy to use

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Jan, 17:39:16 12/30/08 Tue [1]

Karen I have Print Shop 22 downloaded it at that's it. Have been reading the book also.
I also have Print Master Platinum 11.
And I also have Adobe Photo shop Elements 4.0
And Paint.
I also have others but i really would like to learn on print shop 22. Thats the one I bought and looks like it would be really neat to make things with.
Thanks for helping all of us out...

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- cathy in az., 18:10:34 12/30/08 Tue [1]

i dont have anything i dont think but want to so bad...i have a laptop vista windows and wonder if there is a photo shop on it i would not know i dont know much about it...can someone help me???
thanks..

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Ann, 18:20:03 12/30/08 Tue [1]

Did you check your program list?

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Simone, 18:27:47 12/30/08 Tue [1]

Hi, I have Printmaster 12, I would realy like to learn how to use it. Thanks for any help you can give me...

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- jtsd1965, 18:30:58 12/30/08 Tue [1]

i have photoshop7 but i find it useless because i don't know how to use it,but i also have print master pltinum `16 and i can use this but would love to learn the photoshop.Wanda

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- MaryLee, 18:33:33 12/30/08 Tue [1]

I bought a new computer with Vista and bought the Printshop Deluxe 23 to use for my graphics program. I haven't done alot with it yet but I have done some toppers and I use it to type out letters. I really liked American Greetings on my other computer but I can't find any American Greetings programs now and my American Greetings is not compatable with this new computer. Oh and I did make some Christmas tags with a glow of yellow on them which were cool.

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- KrafteeKaren, 19:23:10 12/30/08 Tue [1]

Wanda....you will love Photoshop once you learn it....and to me it is easier to learn than any other program...of course others will say differently about the program they love, lol.

Cathy in AZ....go to Start to Programs and there should be a list of all the programs on your Laptop. I think Vista is the same as XP in that part. I'll ask computer geek son though for you.
Hugs

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Genie, 01:18:38 12/31/08 Wed [1]

I am still using Printmaster 18. I use to use American Greetings but find that Printmaster is the easiest for me to use. It really is "User Friendly" It is cost effective for those who want to just start out learning.
I am so willing, to help anyone that is trying to learn how to use it. Perhaps I can give some lessons. Anyway I am willing to help!!
I have paint shop pro 8, but I don't know how to use it, so I use Printmaster for everything.
I am using windows Vista on my computer.

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Jude_KS, 01:30:54 12/31/08 Wed [1]

I received Printmaster Platinum 18 for Christmas,
hubby installed it a couple of days ago but I haven't
even opened the program or books yet.
Too much going on right now - would love to have some help
with some things due to the fact that some instructioins
are printed quite small and are basically unreadable to me,
therefore, not understandable.

I also received a font program called, ClickArt Fonts
Version 4. Cannot understand how to load it onto my
computer.
Thanks - Jude

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Lin, 08:28:47 12/31/08 Wed [1]

I also received Print Master 18 for Christmas
But I haven't used it yet, any help would be great.
Lin

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- Mary - KS, 09:35:45 12/31/08 Wed [1]

I purchased PrintShop 23 but haven't installed it on the computer yet. I'm sure when I do that I'll need lots of help with learning. I presently use an older version of PrintShop and love it. I have Photo Shop on my computer but haven't been able to do anything with it because I don't think it is "user friendly."

Thanks ladies for your offers to help. Sometimes a very easy procedure can be mind boggling.

[> Re: What Graphic Program Are You Using? -- cathy in az.., 23:41:40 01/01/09 Thu [1]

oh ok i found the Microsoft digital 9 on my vista programs...now i need to learn how to work it..im so dumb at all this stuff..
Wilma

Return to Instruction Board