Beaded Mouse by Judy R

Put the instructions for your crafts here. You can add your pic right here or link to it.

Moderators: PattyWV, Caboobie, angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Beaded Mouse by Judy R

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:25 pm

Date Posted: 14:31:15 02/06/04 Fri
Author: Judy R
Subject: LITTLE MOUSE, LITTLE MOUSE For every one

I never dreamed one little mouse could generate so much interest. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner, but here goes:

Materials:
3---18mm clear star beads
1---12mm clear star bead
2---10mm red star beads
1---12mm clear faceted bead
20--4mm clear faceted beads
1---pipe stem

Thread the beads onto the stem in this order:
1--4mm clear faceted
1--10mm red star
7--4mm clear faceted
3--18mm clear stars
1--12mm clear star
1--10mm red star
1--12mm clear faceted
12-4mm clear faceted

Put a drop of glue under the first bead, when it is dry, clip the pipe stem off even with the bead. Leave about 1/4" of the pipe stem at the top, add a drop of glue and insert it back into the hole in the head bead. When the glue is dry, just twist the top 12 beads into a figure 8 for the ears. That's all there is to it. Happy crafting and thanks for your interest. Hugs, Judy R

Unless Shirley can post the individual picture of the Beaded Mouse, here is the link to the 2004 Valentine Swap Pictures where you can find this little guy:
http://craftsayings.com/projects/holida ... ndex.shtml

Judy R. made this cute little mouse for our Valentine Swap. We'll post directions for the general idea, but you can order a kit of 24 from Home Sew for $8.95. I think that's only 30 some cents a piece. Seems reasonable! Here's a link to their page for the kits.... http://www.homesew.com/trimmings.html#468

http://www.craftsayings.com/projects/ho ... dmouse.jpg
Thread beads onto a skinny chenille stem or heavy wire as follows...

Tail: Thread small faceted beads for length of tail you desire.

Color in tail: Thread a colored bead in to give him pep or add a red bow.

Body: Thread on stars or large faceted beads and use whatever amount you want to give him the shape you like.

Collar: Add a colored bead or glue a bow to neck when finished.

Head: Thread on a large faceted bead.

Ears: Thread on several small faceted beads.

Finish Tail End: Glue the two end beads of tail together and when dry trim the chenille stem.

Finish Ears End: Trim chenille stem leaving 1/4" and glue the end into the head bead. When dry twist the loop into ears.
crafterwannabe

Postby Caboobie » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:16 pm

Little mouse

[> Re: LITTLE MOUSE, LITTLE MOUSE For every one -- Pamela, 17:03:01 02/06/04 Fri [1]

Yes, Thanks. I'd like to see photo of the famous mouse also.

[> Re: LITTLE MOUSE, LITTLE MOUSE For every one -- Sue P., 18:05:49 02/06/04 Fri [1]

Thanks Judy,Im sorry I didnt mean to start up a order,for you,hee,I feel bad.Can someone tell me how to post on the msn instruction site,Id love to help.Thanks again,Judy and everyone else

[> Re: LITTLE MOUSE, LITTLE MOUSE For every one -- Judy R, 01:55:34 02/07/04 Sat [1]

Thanks for posting in the instruction page, I haven't figured out how to do that yet, but one day when I have some time, I am going to learn. I'm glad everyone loved the little mouse, he is one of my favorites, he is also real cute sitting on a holly leaf with the saying "Not a creature was stirring........" for Christmas. I just came across him the other day and decided to adapt him to Valentines Day, then Yvonne came up with the darling poems, {with out which he is nothing lol} and another success story was born. I may try to make him into a bunny for easter, maybe just add longer ears or something. Enjoy!

[> Re: LITTLE MOUSE, LITTLE MOUSE For every one -- *, 19:24:36 02/07/04 Sat [1]

Hate to burst your bubble but you better be careful posting the instructions on the board. I've seen the kit for the mouse for sale at Home Sew. I don't know if you can post instructions from a kit on the internet.

[> Re: LITTLE MOUSE, LITTLE MOUSE For every one -- ShirleyT, 23:20:27 02/07/04 Sat [1]

Thanks Judy & Crafterwannabe, Crafterwannabe wrote me out of concern that maybe she shouldn't have posted it on the Instruction Board after the last post about it being in a kit. So I put another post up with just general directions and I'm writing Home Sew to see if that is okay.

I know the way they specifically write the directions is copyrighted.... but I think sometimes the general idea of some kits come from places other than their own designers (like off boards or craft shows where the original designer gets lost) ... then they write up instructions. I'll let you know what they say. Of course if the idea is copyrighted by them I'll take the instruction post down.

http://www.craftsayings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=336

[> Re: LITTLE MOUSE, LITTLE MOUSE For every one -- jaz, 14:36:26 02/06/04 Fri [1]

Thank you for taking the time to write up the instructions for that darling little mouse. I wanted to know how to make them, too, but was hesitant to ask. (((hugs)))

[> Re: LITTLE MOUSE, LITTLE MOUSE For every one -- Fay in Australia, 15:46:22 02/06/04 Fri [1]

Is there somewhere that I can see a photo of the mouse please. Sounds cute & thank you for posting the directions,
Fay

Judy Ra

I don't know about any "kit" but I do know I didn't get the mouse from any kit. I have never even heard of home sew, so I don't think I have a problem.
Caboobie

Return to Instruction Board