Handiwipe Baby Layette

Put the instructions for your crafts here. You can add your pic right here or link to it.

Moderators: PattyWV, Caboobie, angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Handiwipe Baby Layette

Postby shirleyt » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:25 am

Linda in Ohio now Georgia sent me this picture of a cute baby layette that she made. Amazing what some crafters can do!

http://craftsayings.com/projects/gag_gi ... ywipes.jpg
Here's her post from the board too. Thanks Linda!

The poem says" Don't get excited, Don't be misled, These aren't for the baby, but for your dishes instead."

What you are making from handiwipes, I make from 3 washcloths and insert tiny hangers my hubby makes from wire. I make a girls and a boys outfit....just like your directions. The skirt is one cloth gathered somewhat like a fan and glued inside the "blouse/shirt" top. Pants are glued inside like yours and arms glued to the back. These are just decorative to hang on a kitchen or bathroom wall.
shirleyt
Site Admin

Thanks Shirley

Postby Linda Ohio now GA » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:31 pm

Thanks for posting my picture of this baby layette outfit I make for others to see. I put it together with straight pins which can then be removed in order to use the handiwipes. This makes a cute baby shower gift.
Linda Ohio now GA

Postby shirleyt » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:18 am

Thanks Linda! I've already had someone e-mail me for directions. Any chance you can post how to fold it. Also look for the picture of the project Linda makes out of the three wash clothes which should be near this one on the board. If you don't see it search for "Wash Cloth Dress Up Set" using the search function at the top of page. Directions on folding the wash clothes are there too. It is adorable!!!
shirleyt
Site Admin

Directions as best I can remember them

Postby Linda Ohio now GA » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:11 am

You need 3 handiwipes, some straight pins, and some ribbon.
To make hat: Fold a wipee in half short way. With fold to the bottom, fold up to form a brim. Roll the wipee into a tube, pin to hold, and tie with ribbon about 2 inches from the loose top.

Sleeves: Fold one wipee long ways in half and in half again.

Shirt. Lay wipee on table in front of you like a placemat. Fold the top edge away from you about 1 1/2 inches, then fold again. Now bring both sides of wipee to the center. (Your folded over part becomes the collar) Using straight pins, pin the shirt shut hiding the pins under the the collar area....and catching in the sleeves which you place behind the shirt. Pin a bow of ribbon at the neckline.

Clear as mud, right??? LOL It's much easier to "show" you than to "tell" you. Hopefully my picture will help guide you.
Linda Ohio now GA

Return to Instruction Board