Poem, Links & Pictures: Kitchen Safe

Archives of different Kitchen Projects & Crafts.

Moderators: krafteekaren, Caboobie, crafterwannabe, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Poem, Links & Pictures: Kitchen Safe

Postby krafteekaren » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:43 pm

Date Posted: 19:14:35 12/29/03 Mon
Author: Lee Hoskin
Subject: Poem for Kitchen safes

I have misplaced my poem for the kitchen safe. Thanks in advance. Londonlee

Replies:

[> Re: Poem for Kitchen safes -- Lori Jean, 19:26:47 12/29/03 Mon [1]

Hi Lee,
Here is a link for some printable "Kitchen Safe" tags:

http://www.craftsayings.com/projects/sm ... ndex.shtml

[> Re: Poem for Kitchen safes -- Lee, 16:53:26 01/07/04 Wed [1]

Sorry to take so long to thank you for your help. My power supply "died" and I've been off line. I had to have my sister make the request. Thanks.
Londonlee
krafteekaren

Postby crafterwannabe » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:42 pm

[> Re: ? about jars with hidden items -- kelliwv, 15:56:30 08/17/04 Tue [1]

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I've made one using a pint jar. You put a toilet paper tube in the middle of the jar and then fill in around it with pasta or beans. Put on the lid and cover it with fabric, then tie with some raffia. I attached this poem:

Kitchen Safe Poem

A jar of pasta (or beans)
This seems to be,
But open it up
And you will see
A place to hide candy,
Treasures, or cash;
The perfect place
To hide your stash!
crafterwannabe

Re: Poem, Links & Pictures: Kitchen Safe

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Date Posted: 21:19:20 06/19/14 Thu
Author: wanda k
Subject: kitchen safe

not to long ago I found a craft making a kitchen safe with a fruit jar, pinto beans, and a toilet paper roll, it had a little card with it does anyone know whre I can find that///ty in advance

Replies:
[> Re: kitchen safe -- crafterwannabe, 22:18:56 06/19/14 Thu [1]

Here's a link to access Shirley's. Not the one you're referring to but sounds similar.
Note: Link deleted as it was referring back to this thread.

[> [> Re: kitchen safe -- wandak, 19:40:25 06/20/14 Fri [1]

ty crafterwannabe that's exactally the one I wanted..thanks also for the poem I love it and the directions

[> Re: kitchen safe -- Debbie from NJ (DHinz56 @msn.com), 14:49:28 06/20/14 Fri [1]

I found this poem from long ago it said to print it on cardstock. There wasn't any author on it. If someone knows the author let me know and I'll attach it.

I'm a little "kitchen safe"
to put upon your shelf,
where you can hide some secrets
known only to yourself.
I'll keep your rings or money
should robbers come your way,
or maybe keep those extra coins
for a rainy day!
author unknown

[> Re: kitchen safe -- Debbie from NJ, 16:09:45 06/20/14 Fri [1]

This is the directions I have for the kitchen safe. , Use a pint jar, and some sort of dried food. I use a 14 bean mix because it is colorful, but you could use rice or anything else. Dump handful of beans in jar bottom next center empty toilet tissue tube on beans. This tube should have square of foil covering bottom and molded over sides a little before setting into jar Push down till top would just clear lid. Before next step I set a large cork on top of tube. you may figure another way to accomplish next step. After covering top of open tube fill jar with beans to within 1/2 inch of top. I then put hot glue around top of inner jar and top of tube and lay a length of large cording on beans to keep them from falling out when inverted. Some people cut a donut shaped ring of cardboard to place over end of tube and cover beans. Next put on lid. I tie raffia around the neck and glue on a little sunflower. I print this poem on cardstock and tie it onto neck of jar.

[> Re: kitchen safe -- Blazer(Darlene P), 20:46:30 06/20/14 Fri [1]

Thanks Wanda,
For sharing your Idea and Debbie I am so glad to see you sharing your ideas also.
I hope in the future to use this idea for small gifts! I hope you girls will keep sharing small gift Ideas I am always on the lookout for them!
Thanks Blazer(Darlene P.)

[> Re: kitchen safe -- SueZQ, 23:40:23 06/20/14 Fri [1]

Would it work to use a empty perscription bottle in the center? I get quite a few of the larger ones with my 90-day refills and that would be a good way to recycle them. One might also slide a pill bottle inside of the toilet paper tube so you could easily remove it and your cash or valuables without disturbing the beans
crafterwannabe

Return to Kitchen Project Archive Board