Link: Butterfly Dishcloth

Archives of different Kitchen Projects & Crafts.

Moderators: krafteekaren, Caboobie, crafterwannabe, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Link: Butterfly Dishcloth

Postby MIEL » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:51 am

Date Posted: 20:22:04 08/27/04 Fri
Author: Lisa
Subject: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth?

I read a post about a dishrag or towel folded like a butterfly. Can someone tell me how to fold it or give me an instruction site? Thanks in advance, Lisa

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- Caboobie, 20:57:41 08/27/04 Fri [1]

Here's a link to a site with lots of ideas including a butterfly
Link deleted - no longer valid. 7/11

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- Lisa, 21:58:10 08/27/04 Fri [1]

Thanks, Caboobie, but I have to have a picture to go by. I can get it done if I just have a visual on it. Anyone else know of instructions (with pictures)? Thanks,Lisa

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- bump, 00:59:16 08/28/04 Sat [1]

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- Mother Hen, 09:57:52 08/28/04 Sat [1]

Just 2 sites I had on file, there are more and different patterns.
I will find them !!

One link deleted - no longer valid. 7/11
http://www.crochetnmore.com/butterfly.htm

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- Caboobie, 15:40:21 08/28/04 Sat [1]

Hi Lisa, I've been thinking about this and I wondered if you meant making a butterfly shape out of a bought dishcloth. If that is the case then I wondered if you could fold the dishcloth in a concentina, like a fan, and then secure the middle with a pipecleaner. When you let go it would make a butterfly shape. HTH.

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- Lisa, 15:58:47 08/28/04 Sat [1]

Yes, Caboobie, that's what I meant. I don't crochet, so that is out. HA! I'll try your suggestion. I just thought there should be some instruction somewhere, but I've looked with no luck. Thanks again, Lisa

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- crafterwannabe, 16:35:47 08/28/04 Sat [1]

I remember a post from Valarie I think where she just briefly mentioned things she had made for a show and this was in the list - no instructions as I recall (because I wondered how myself). Hopefully she'll see your post and can tell you the steps she took. If not, maybe you can write another post with her name in subject line so she'll be sure to see it. She's usually busy with shows over the weekends. There's a dishcloth butterfly poem on the Poems board that someone found for her if you get it figured out.

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- Mother Hen, 19:17:55 08/28/04 Sat [1]

Lisa,
Make the dishcloth in accordian folds,
gather in the center with a wire stem or yarn,
and shape , the wire or yarn will be the antena.
I know you can do this without a picture.
Try it, and do yourself proud !!!
But if I run into a picture , you got it !!
Let us know how you make out ?
Mother Hen

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- Lisa, 20:43:56 08/28/04 Sat [1]

Thanks Mother Hen. I think I can do it. I'll use a fuzzy pipe cleaner for the antenea I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again to you all, Lisa

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- Allie, 21:17:27 08/28/04 Sat [1]

Try folding the washcloth on the diagonal for a different look. Allie

[> Re: Can someone suggest a site to make butterfly dishcloth? -- HDMac, 23:26:31 08/28/04 Sat [1]

This would be great for the kitchen swap! Very cute.
MIEL

Return to Kitchen Project Archive Board