Saying/Poem Glass Block Honoring Love & Marriage

An Archive of all types of Sayings.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Saying/Poem Glass Block Honoring Love & Marriage

Postby crafterwannabe » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:54 am

Date Posted: 11:19:36 12/02/13 Mon
Author: Helen
Subject: special request

My son and DIL have been married for many years and I am doing a glass block for them. I am needing a poem,verse or saying what ever you want to call it, to go on the other side of the block. I have searched google but have not found anything suitable. They are so devoted to one another.
Would like some help on it.
Helen

Replies:

[> Re: special request -- Doreen, 12:03:30 12/02/13 Mon [1]

Will this help you Helen...

This glass block is special
'cause special are you.
For a nice surprise
check the other side too!
Doreen Scerri © 2013

[> Re: special request -- Helen, 14:01:29 12/02/13 Mon [1]

That is very nice but I was wanting something like their devotion to and love for one another or the years they have spent together. I don't know exactly but it has to be enough to fill the square on the block. I do so appreciate you. Thanks ever so much

[> Re: special request -- just me, 14:55:41 12/02/13 Mon [1]

Special people have special love for a Special marriage

[> Re: special request -- Doreen, 15:47:44 12/02/13 Mon [1]

I don't quite understand what you mean in your first comment "to go on the other side of the block."
Can you explain a little better please what goes on the block. Thanks!

[> [> Re: special request -- Helen, 16:43:41 12/02/13 Mon [1]

I am making a night light out of those clear blocks that builders use for privacy blocks in building. On the front there is a blank space and on the back. I have their wedding picture which I will put on one side and I have been looking for something to put on the back. I have looked on google and there is a lot but it seems they are all for sale. If you go to google and type glass block night light you will see one. I am probably not stating what I am looking for correctly. Just something to show their devotion to one another over the years. Thank you.
Helen

[> Re: special request -- SueZQ, 01:08:32 12/03/13 Tue [1]

I love this quote and have had it in my collection of sayings for a while. Would it work for you?

“I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.”
¯ Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

[> [> Re: special request -- Helen, 08:42:19 12/03/13 Tue [1]

AAAAAAA, that is a good one. Thank you so much.
Helen

[> Re: special request -- SueZQ, 11:32:56 12/03/13 Tue [1]

You are welcome. I am sure they will love the gift. It is a great idea.
crafterwannabe

Return to Sayings Archive Board