October Harvest Quotes for Church Newsletter

An Archive of all types of Sayings.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

October Harvest Quotes for Church Newsletter

Postby Alma » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:46 am

Date Posted: 23:17:47 09/26/13 Thu
Author: Kay(PA)
Subject: Need help with poem, saying or anything

Help, I'm doing our church newsletter for October and I am in need of a poem, saying, verses or anything I can add to the newsletter related to fall or October.

I recently went to a Prayer & Praise service and heard a song titled "October Harvest". It's a song about a man who never went to church and his wife continued to pray that one day he would go. One October Sunday he went to church with her and at the end of the service he was saved. Thus the title "October Harvest". I would love to use the words from that song but I don't think I legally can. So I was wondering if someone could put this in a poem. Not necessarily referring to a husband and wife, but to anyone who is not saved and how we as Christian's continue to pray for them and finally one October Harvest happens.

If this can't be done I'd just appreciate anything inspirational related to fall that I could use.

Thanks in advance.
Kay(PA)

Replies:

[> Re: Need help with poem, saying or anything -- Doreen, 09:01:57 09/27/13 Fri [1]

Can't come up with a poem right now but here are a few quotes I found for you Kay...

Talk unbelief, and you will have unbelief; but talk faith, and you will have faith. According to the seed sown will be the harvest.
Ellen G. White

It is like the seed put in the soil - the more one sows, the greater the harvest.
Orison Swett Marden

With every deed you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and your life will have meaning and your heart will have peace.
Kent Nerburn

In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.
William Blake

Hope you can use a few of these :)

Hugs,
Doreen

[> Re: Need help with poem, saying or anything -- Kay(PA), 18:39:21 09/27/13 Fri [1]

Hi Doreen,
Thank you for posting some quotes. I've used the 2nd and 3rd one. I called the man who wrote, sang and recorded the song and asked for permission to use the lyrics in our newsletter. He was more than happy to let me do that. I added his web site at the end of the article along with the quotes you provided.
Thanks again for helping.
Kay(PA)

[> Re: Need help with poem, saying or anything -- Doreen, 15:15:55 09/28/13 Sat [1]

Hi Kay, I'm so glad I was able to help : ) Happy too that you got permission to use the lyrics in your newsletter.

Blessings,
Doreen
Alma

Return to Sayings Archive Board