Various Dog and Cat links, poems ideas, gifts

Archives for www.voy.com/100606/ ... Only archivers should post on this board but anyone can view.

Moderators: angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Iwuv2craft, Alma, nylirose, wanda49, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Various Dog and Cat links, poems ideas, gifts

Postby Caboobie » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:57 pm

Note: Here's another archived thread on pet ideas:
http://www.craftsayings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10053

Link dog clothes patterns

Date Posted: 17:54:57 01/24/05 Mon
Author: Susie
Subject: Dog clothes patterns

http://www.gifts-for-dog-lovers.com/fre ... terns.html

Link and ideas for dog or cat Christmas tree

Date Posted: 15:23:53 10/22/04 Fri
Author: sunflowerfreak
Subject: dog/cat Christmas tree...any ideas??

Hi all, I found the cutest cat and dog ornaments for a small Christmas tree. I am doing a craft show in Nov and would like to make this tree for the show. The tree is 2 feet tall. There are 12 little ornaments. What else can I make to go on this mini tree pertaining to cats and dogs? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies:
[> Re: dog/cat Christmas tree...any ideas?? -- Charlene, 00:58:17 10/23/04 Sat [1]

Here are some sites to give you some ideas:

http://www.centrinet.com/christmas/catspe.htm

http://www.laraines.com/woncatapandj.html

http://www.i-pets.com/xmas.html

http://www.aimcs.com/cci/home.htm

[> Re: dog/cat Christmas tree...any ideas?? -- Marylin, 17:34:41 10/22/04 Fri [1]

make some mini dog bones, and tiny mice. You could use Fimo clay.

[> Re: dog/cat Christmas tree...any ideas?? -- Rusty Fan, 19:17:10 10/22/04 Fri [1]

Fish
Balls of Yarn
Dog Houses
Bowls
Dog Tags
Bones
Leashes for garland

[> Re: dog/cat Christmas tree...any ideas?? -- Mary S, 20:06:49 10/22/04 Fri [1]

shelack dog biscuits
mini bottles of milk decorations
bird feathers
make mini dog collars out of hemp
grooming supplies
'No Fleas' signs
any thing with pawprints

[> Re: dog/cat Christmas tree...any ideas?? -- lou, 20:42:20 10/22/04 Fri [1]

tiny jingle bell tied with string
of yarn hanging for kitty to play with.

Doggy Kerchiefs

Date Posted: 21:54:35 09/16/04 Thu
Author: crafterwannabe
Subject: Poems Needed for Doggie Kerchief

Every time my sister & b-i-l travel, it's necessary to leave their beloved Dalmation at the kennel. The staff there love and spoil him and, on their return, they are always greeted by Nappy wearing a cute doggie kerchief (just a triangle piece of fabric). We are going to make some for a bazaar. I would really appreciate a couple of poems to enhance this doggie fashion accessory. Maybe a generic poem that would go with any fabric and another that would be appropriate for the holiday fabrics. Thanks so much!

Replies:

[> Re: Poems Needed for Doggie Kerchief -- jenjoy, 22:26:20 09/16/04 Thu [1]

Your doggy kerchiefs ought to be a winner! Cute idea!

Don't let your canine fashion
Be the least bit laggin'
Buy this doggie kerchief
To keep their tails a waggin'!
© 2004 Jennifer Byerly

Fresh off the New York Runways
High fashion for your pooch
Designed to keep them struttin'
To earn you a dog smooch!
© 2003 Jennifer Byerly

Designed to put your doggy
On fashion's top 10 list!
Guaranteed a winner
So doggy won't be missed!
© 2003 Jennifer Byerly

These cute doggie kerchiefs
Were created for your pet
So Fido will be in style
Whether walking or at the vet
katieangelamber © 2004

The holidays will soon be arriving
And Fido hasn't had a present for awhile
This Holiday Doggie Kerchief
Will keep Fido in high style
katieangelamber © 2004

[> Re: Poems Needed for Doggie Kerchief -- crafterwannabe, 10:13:31 09/17/04 Fri [1]

Wow, super poets, these are great!! A big hug and thanks from me, my sister and the adult day care clients! I know we'll use them all because different verses always help to entice the customers to buy more than one.

I was telling my sister about Gracie's neat idea to layer pet treats in cellophane bags and that she said they sold quickly. Sis mentioned Nappy's kerchiefs and it was "Wow, another idea for all the pet owners." Hope Gracie sees this too. We are going to hem ours but you wouldn't have to - they'd look cute just cut with pinking shears. Her job is to find out the different sizes needed for small and large dogs. Mine was easy - Just ask here for poems and you guys always come through. Thanks again Jennifer and katieangelamber!

[> Re: Poems Needed for Doggie Kerchief -- jenjoy, 10:22:56 09/17/04 Fri [1]

You're welcome! Now I'm off to the nearest phone booth to put on my cape!!!

[> Re: Poems Needed for Doggie Kerchief -- katieangelamber, 11:01:34 09/17/04 Fri [1]

You're welcome. Now I'm in a swirl transforming into SUPER POET! katieangelamber

Yarn Poodle directions

Date Posted: 02:30:47 04/26/04 Mon
Author: Nina
Subject: Yarn poodles

does anyone know how to make Yarn poodles, or know of a site where I can learn how to make them ? I really need a visual on how to shape/bend the wire hanger to form the body. Thanks in advance! :0)

Replies:
[> Re: Yarn poodles -- Fay in Australia, 06:13:17 04/26/04 Mon [1]

Yes I have made the poodles a very long time ago. If we work on this together, I may remember how to do them. Is it possible that the hook was bent around in a circle to form the head & the rest of the wire coathanger was stretched out & then the end was formed up for a tail?. You would then have side by side the 2 wire body shapes
Fay

[> Re: Yarn poodles -- Sharlet, 13:55:03 04/26/04 Mon [1]

Oh my gosh, my Grandma used to make and sell these years and years ago when I was a child. Sorry I don't have the pattern though. I do know that hers was crocheted and then fitted over a Pepsi bottle. Gosh, that really did bring back some memories.

[> Re: Yarn poodles -- Deb from Pa, 14:28:08 04/26/04 Mon [1]

The ones we're talking about aren't crocheted....they are a coat hanger shape, then you make a bunch of yarn bundles just by wrapping the yarn around a cardboard square...real easy....I am almost sure I have the book yet! But my Mom used to make the crocheted ones as well too!

[> Re: Yarn poodles -- TM, 16:27:13 04/26/04 Mon [1]

posted this at HGTV. hope this helps.

Instructions: Hanger Poodle
Lets see if I can explain this right.
Bend hanger into shape of a standing dog.
The hook being the head of the dog.
Bend the hook as tight as you can on the end into a small loop (so the yarn doesn't slip off)It might take a little practice to get the dimensions right.
You'll need about 6 - 8 skeins rug yarn in the color of your choice.

Make ears and tail first.
Wind yarn around a 6" square about 20 times.
Take a 7" piece of yarn and slip it through the loops of yarn and tie tightly.
Make 3.
Cut a bunch of 7" pieces of yarn ( A lot). These are for tying your yarn.
Put your 4 fingers together and wind the yarn around them 10 times.
Cut yarn.
Carefully slide yarn off you fingers and lay yarn across one of the pieces of 7" yarn you cut so the loops of yarn are on the top and bottom and the 7" piece if yarn is sticking out of the sides.
Tie the 7" piece of yarn in the middle of your bundle of yarn as tight as possible.
Do not trim.
Use up all your yarn making these puffs.
When finished making all puffs, tie them all on the hanger, pushing together to make the body plump.
If you need to make the body fuller just make more puffs.
Tie an ear on the hanger on each side of head.
Trim with bows.
Tie a tail to the hanger in back of dog.
Put whatever kind of eyes nose and mouth you want on the dog.

[> [> Re: Yarn poodles -- Vickie, 17:26:32 04/26/04 Mon [1]

I seem to remember those poodles from the days when I had a shop.. and thought they used two hangers..

I went searching to help too and found one made of pipe cleaners. I cant get the picture to load, so don't know if I'm sharing a nightmare here or what. LOL... but here is the site... and you can choose. LOL good luck with the searches! hugs! Vickie

http://user.talstar.com/madison/onthescene/poodle.html

[> [> [> Re: Yarn poodles -- Nina, 18:58:50 05/10/04 Mon [1]

I am very thankful to everyone who has sent in responses today.

Someone here posted about a Kitty so I want to see about making that too! Sounds so cool! Did you ever wonder who sits back and thinks up all this cool stuff!?! LOL! Thank you all ladies!!

Yarn poodle instructions -dog

Date Posted: 10:33:56 05/07/04 Fri
Author: Bernadette
Subject: Yarn poodle instructions and scans

Yarn poodle

Need
- 300gms wool. (I usually use a cheap 8 ply but have used 5 and 12 ply)
- 1 wire clothes hanger
- 2 eyes
- ribbon for bows
- small piece of red felt for tongue
- 5" piece of cardboard
- 4" piece of cardboard

Instructions

1 Bend hook of hanger into a circle , use a small piece of tape to ensure that you have a complete circle.
photo 1

2 Pull hanger out of shape and into a long i shape
photo 2

3 Bend hanger in the middle, over your knee. It should now look like a V
photo 3
photo 4

4 Now bend each half in the opposite direction to the first bend. It should now look like a W.
photo 5
Don't worry if your shape is a bit wonky, mine always is, it will get covered.

5 Cut some wool into 4-5" lengths. These are for tying your bunches.

6 On the 5" cardboard wrap the wool about 15 times, slip off, tie at top.
These are for the ears. Cut through the bottom.
photo
Leave aside for later.

7 Wrap wool around the 4" card about 10 times. Make sure you start and end past the mid point so that there are no loose ends.
photo
Slip the bunch off the card and tie in the middle.
photo
Do this with all the wool.

8 Tie each bunch to the hanger.
photo
Yes all the wool will fit on the frame, body and head, just push the bunches together so you have a nice fluffy pup.

9 When you have attached all the wool bunches tie the ears in position.

10 Fix on the eyes.

11 Cut a long tongue out of the felt, tuck it into the face and glue.

12 Now add ribbon bows wherever you like eg. top of head, ears. I always place one on its rump.

Hope this helps
Bernadette

Dear Beloved Pets:

Date Posted: 13:28:35 07/26/05 Tue
Author: Deb in GA
Subject: OT: For all Pet lovers........So CUTE and SO TRUE

***I received this in an email.......think I am gonna make a poster and put it on my front door to "warn" my guests.....LOL

Dogs and Cats rule here, I just feed them and clean for them.....LOL

Dear Beloved Pets:

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that
aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort.

Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, bark, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered.

Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To return the kindness of your obedience, my dear pets, I have posted the following on our front door so visitors to our home know what the rules are here:

Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets

1. They live here. You don't.

2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes - stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)

3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.

4. To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted children who are short, hairy and walk on all fours. Although they don't speak clearly, they communicate extremely well, especially my cats.

5. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called (this does not apply to cats), never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, and don't need a gazillion dollars for college.

6. Also, if they get pregnant, you can sell the kids.

Dog Poo Picker-Upper

Date Posted: 13:43:11 05/10/04 Mon
Author: Simone Proulx
Subject: dog picker-upper

Help all you talented ladies out there, I'm making some dog picker-upper bag holder and need a poem to go with them, something like "when you are walking your pooch and he goes for a poo" that's the extend of my talent, as you can see I desperately need help... Thanks

Replies:
[> Re: dog picker-upper -- CrazeeMoi, 15:18:50 05/10/04 Mon [1]

add this to your poem....
Don't leave it laying there,
Just use this for all his/her doo-doo!! lol

[> Re: dog picker-upper -- Caboobie, 16:48:30 05/10/04 Mon [1]

When you're walking your pooch
And he goes for a poo
Take one of these bags
And clean up the doo doo
It'll make it much nicer
When you're out for a walk
And your pet would agree
If he could just talk
© 2004 Yvonne Lowther

[> Re: dog picker-upper -- jacksmum, 18:56:18 05/10/04 Mon [1]

Sometimes walking the dog
can seem quite crappy
so please scoop up the mess
and keep the neighbours happy.
©Sue Pitchfork~

[> Re: dog picker-upper -- jacksmum, 20:41:54 05/10/04 Mon [1]

Just tweaked it a little:

Sometimes when you walk the dog
things seem pretty crappy,
now you can clean up the mess
and keep the neighbourhood happy.
©Sue Pitchfork~

[> [> Re: dog picker-upper -- Simone Proulx, 18:20:34 05/11/04 Tue [1]

Thanks ladies for all your help, a poet I am not...
Now for the directions on making this:
...it's real easy.
I used leftover flannel but denim would be nice.
I cut a piece 8 inches by 12 inches (but you can make them any size that you wish)
Sew the long sides together to make a tube, then turn the bottom about 1/2 inch and thread an elastic.
Do the same at the top but thread a cord, (I used some leftover macrame cord)
Make it long enough so that it can be tied to the "handle" of the leash so that it will always be handy when you go and walk the dog.
You then fill this bag with plastic grocery bags, you don't only help to keep the enviroment clean of dog doo-doo but also reuse all these plastic bags.

Hope you can make heads and tail of this

[> Re: dog picker-upper -- arla, 08:07:28 05/12/04 Wed [1]

I was at a craft show this weekend and they had little tote bags with handles made out of denim then a dog pattern sewn on the front and doggy doo in letters spelt out in fabric. It had an inside liner of plastic against the fabric on the inside then they placed a small plastic bag folded nice and neat in it so as to pick it up. Thought I'd share
Caboobie

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:49 pm

Poems: Dog/Cat Banks to Save for Pet Vet Bills

Date Posted: 13:25:39 09/24/05 Sat
Author: Julie
Subject: Poem for dog and cat banks

This board was recommended by friends who live here. I hope that you can help me out with this request. I bought a dog and a cat bank. It is cute but looks kind of plain. I thought maybe I could tie a poem around the neck and it might sell much better. What could I write. Please help with a poem for a dog and a cat bank. Thanks

Replies:
[> Re: Poem for dog and cat banks -- jacksmum, 17:59:37 09/24/05 Sat [1]

Welcome Julie
Hope this helps
Sue :)

Vet bills are expensive
just another added stress
but when your pet is sick
you want to do your best.
So start a "Petbank fund"
as savings for the vet
so you'll always have the money
to help your beloved pet.
© Sue Pitchfork 2005~

[> Re: Poem for dog and cat banks -- Caboobie, 19:33:13 09/24/05 Sat [1]

Nice one Sue. Here's another:

No matter what your pet is
Be it dog or cat or fish
When you need to pay for vet bills
You'll be glad you started this
A coin per week is nothing
Then one day you will agree
That it was a good idea
To save up for vet bills, see
© 2005 Yvonne Lowther

[> Re: Poem for dog and cat banks -- Julie, 14:26:22 09/25/05 Sun [1]

Thank you for sharing your expertise. They sound perfect to me. God Bless you both so that you may continue to share your gift and talent.

[> Re: Poem for dog and cat banks -- jacksmum, 19:20:49 09/25/05 Sun [1]

Glad we could help
God bless you too
crafterwannabe

Postby Caboobie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:54 pm

Dog Treats recipe

Date Posted: 02:56:14 10/26/05 Wed
Author: MertVnWV
Subject: Dog treat Recipe for Fido for Christmas

I found this and thought I would share.

Dog Treats

Fido will love chomping on these tasty & healthy treats!

biscuit dough:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water

glaze:
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons milk

1. Preheat the oven to 275°.
2. In a large bowl: combine the flour, oatmeal, wheat germ, peanut butter, vegetable oil, honey, baking powder and water.
3. Mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
4. Roll the dough out to a ½-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheets.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the egg and milk. Brush the glaze on the biscuits.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the pans, and bake for an additional 20 - 30 minutes, until biscuits are golden and firm.

Replies:

[> Re: Dog treat Recipe for Fido for Christmas -- Stitches, 03:03:36 10/26/05 Wed [1]

Mert, thanks for sharing I am sure my puppy will love them, Happy crafting.. Hugs Stitches
Caboobie

Postby Caboobie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:21 pm

Hand towel kitten

Date Posted: 16:44:32 11/01/05 Tue
Author: shilo
Subject: Cute hand towel kitten

This is really cute.
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/homemade-g ... tten.shtml
Caboobie

Postby crafterwannabe » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:48 pm

Fleece Doggie Coat & Booties

Date Posted: 10:42:58 11/06/05 Sun
Author: ssdmom
Subject: Fleece doggie coat

I found this pattern for all you who like to sew. My little Molly is getting too old for these cold Wyoming Winters. (She's 17 now.) Hopefully this little coat will help her this year.
http://www.barlowscientific.com/technot ... weater.htm
Link has free pattern. Scroll down for other patterns and resources. Easy pattern. Got 2 double layer coats from one $5 fleece throw from my local discount store.

[> Re: Fleece doggie coat -- jan, 12:30:01 11/06/05 Sun [1]

That little dog is 17, she looks like a puppy . She is very cute. I have a pattern for dogs like where you live for dog booties. Here let me see if I can find the site. There really easy to make.
http://www.dogbooties.com/dogbooties.html
Thanks foe sharing it with us. jan

[> Re: Fleece doggie coat -- ssdmom, 15:34:22 11/06/05 Sun [1]

Thanks Jan! You know,I never thought of making her some booties...but now I will! We have snow already and she doesn't like to step in it. I'm going to make some up today!
Yes---she's 17, bless her little heart. She looks like a puppy because we just had her clipped...plus she's getting tiny now. I hope she makes the winter.
I'm off to go make booties! THANKS AGAIN!
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Sun May 20, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:58 pm

Poems: Sewing Kit to Support Cat Shelter

Date Posted: 14:44:41 11/29/05 Tue
Author: Retschoolmarm
Subject: Tenth Life

Hello all, I belong to the Tenth Life- an organization that is a NO KILL shelter for cats. The owners have over 300 cats and rely on donations and craft fairs for the income to feed,treat, and adopt out cats and kittens. I have made bone stockings and fish stockings and Jesus' stocking for their upcoming fair as well as m&m bags and 67 cat nip toys. I am now making little sewing kits in a pillow type box. The kits contain thread,needle,2buttons, and an itsy bitsy safety pin. I may make a Christmas bag to put the box in or maybe a stocking. Depends on the time as the craft fair they are going to be in is this Sat. Could one of ladies help me jazz the kits up with a little poem and tag or topper that I can pin to the stocking or Christmas bag? I could put the sewing kit and stocking or bag into a baggie with a topper as these kits are quite small and could easily be shop lifted if the volunteers are buzy. The 300 cats, me, and Buford (the cat I sponser) would be ever so grateful. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas. Linda aka Retschoolmarm

[> Re: Tenth Life -- Canadianviolet, 19:29:10 11/29/05 Tue [1]

Here is a couple of poems but I don't know how to make the toppers. Hopefully one of the graphic people will see the post.

It may look like a pillow
For a little Christmas Elf
But this box contains a sewing kit
So you can do minor repairs yourself.
Hazelanne Nielsen © 2005
You can help the Shelter out
By showing someone cares.
This box contains a sewing kit
For doing small repairs.
Hazelanne Nielsen © 2005

[> Re: Tenth Life -- jacksmum, 19:32:39 11/29/05 Tue [1]

Hi Linda
I hope this helps

To help mend a broken heart
these felines need a home
we appreciate your helping
we can't do it all alone.
So when you use this kit
sew with us in mind
thanks for supporting us
we think you're very kind.
© Sue Pitchfork 2005~

[> Re: Tenth Life -- jacksmum, 19:39:35 11/29/05 Tue [1]

Hi Hazel Anne
Great work we must have been composing together.

[> Re: Tenth Life -- Canadianviolet, 19:46:33 11/29/05 Tue [1]

Thanks, Sue.

[> Re: Tenth Life -- Retschoolmarm, 19:52:01 11/29/05 Tue [1]

Those poems are puuuuurrrrrrrfect! Thanks so,so,so much. Again, thanks. Linda aka Retschoolmarm
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:47 pm

Ideas for Animal Rescue Craft Sale

Date Posted: 10:32:16 12/12/05 Mon
Author: Laura
Subject: Please Help!! Need quick and easy ornament ideas

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I was last here. My mom works for a animal rescue group and they are having a craft sale this coming weekend (I completely forgot it). I need some really quick ornament ideas that I can make in the next four days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Laura

Replies:
[> Re: Please Help!! Need quick and easy ornament ideas -- bwacky, 10:38:51 12/12/05 Mon [1]

Buy some unpainted wooden snowflake ornaments at Michaels, spray paint them white and while they are still wet sprinkle them with fine white glitter. Fast and pretty!

[> Re: Please Help!! Need quick and easy ornament ideas -- Cindy E., 10:43:42 12/12/05 Mon [1]

Beaded candy canes are the fastest things to make. All you need (for one) is a pipe cleaner, cut in 1/2, 5 red beads and 5 white beads. String the beads on the pipe cleaners, alternating colors. Bend the end of the pipe cleaner around the first and last bead, to secure, and then bend the pipe cleaner into the shape of a candy cane. I have used this as is and just hung it from the tree or you can add a small piece of thread so it dangles.

To make them a little 'fancier', use sparkly pipe cleaners and clear beads, instead of white, so the pipe cleaner shows through or just sparkly beads.

[> Re: Please Help!! Need quick and easy ornament ideas -- Cathy in MT, 16:33:12 12/12/05 Mon [1]

Scrap angels--pattern and info in archives on angel board or e-mail me for more info.,M&M packets, magnets or tic tac toe boards using tile. M&M packets and scrap angels and tiles have been popular at craft shows according to those who posted.

[> Re: Please Help!! Need quick and easy ornament ideas -- Laura, 16:43:41 12/12/05 Mon [1]

Thanks all of you the help. I am working on the candy canes now (well actually I have my neices working on them, yay for help!!!!). I'm going to check out the others. Thank you all again for the ideas.
Laura

[> Re: Please Help!! Need quick and easy ornament ideas -- Mary, 22:52:29 12/12/05 Mon [1]

How about making the reindeer from dog biscuits. Can buy a box of biscuits at the dollar store for a dollar. Add pipe cleaner for antlers, pompoms for ears and muzzle, 2 wiggly eyes, red pom for nose and a ribbon bow with a bell for underneath.

[> Re: Please Help!! Need quick and easy ornament ideas -- Terri, 02:18:21 12/14/05 Wed [1]

It's not an ornament, but since it is an animal craft sale, you could make doggie frisbees by tracing a dinner plate on some fleece (sherpa) or fake fur. No need to stuff and they really fly.
crafterwannabe

Postby Caboobie » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:08 pm

Memory poem re Rainbow bridge for cats and dogs

FOR CATS:

(Name) has crossed the rainbow bridge
but she didn't go alone
she took part of your heart
when angels called her home.

For yes there is a kitty heaven
a place of no fur balls
where vets are not allowed
and every kitten rules.

So please don't be unhappy
(Name) stays a part of you
close your eyes and see her
feel the love come through.

Right now she is purring
she is bidding you goodbye
please know she's very happy
and hopes your tears will dry.

And sometimes when you're sleeping
in dreams you'll both unite
you'll visit kitty heaven
and see (Name) that night.
(c)Sue Pitchfork

FOR DOGS:

(Name) crossed the rainbow bridge
but she didn't go alone
she took part of your heart
when she got called home.

For yes there is a doggy heaven
with parks, and balls and sticks
but vets aren't allowed there
and there's no fleas or ticks.

So please don't be unhappy
(Name) stays a part of you
close your eyes and see her
feel the love come through.

Right now her tail is wagging
she is bidding you goodbye
please know she's very happy
and hopes your tears will dry.

And sometimes when you're sleeping
in dreams you'll both unite
you'll visit doggy heaven
and see (name) that night.
(c)Sue Pitchfork
Caboobie

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:22 pm

Ideas/Link: Puppy Coat + Idea for Keeping Dogs Warm

Date Posted: 14:24:17 02/21/06 Tue
Author: Deb in GA
Subject: Looking for patterns fro Chihuahua clothes LOL or totes for puppy

I have a new puppy.......
2 pounds of terror LOL
Looking to play dress up and make some clothes for Chica Maria Chandler LOL
and maybe a tote.....anyone have any patterns?
Hugs and TIA
Debbie

Replies:
[> Re: Looking for patterns fro Chihuahua clothes LOL or totes for puppy -- Kimberly, 18:41:35 02/21/06 Tue [1]

I have a mini hairless chihuahua too and I buy alot of her clothes on ebay for really cheap. Maybe grab a couple and then take them apart for patterns...
Kimberly

[> Re: Looking for patterns fro Chihuahua clothes LOL or totes for puppy -- julie, 16:59:53 02/23/06 Thu [1]

Here`s a cute one !!!

Pup Coat
http://www.sewing.circleofcrafters.com/

[> Re: Looking for patterns fro Chihuahua clothes LOL or totes for puppy -- Carol P, 18:04:32 02/23/06 Thu [1]

Thanks so much! Am getting a Jack Russell puppy next week and she'll appreciate your help!
Have seen a lot of low price patterns for sale on eBay for dog clothes and beds.
Carol

[> Re: Looking for patterns fro Chihuahua clothes LOL or totes for puppy -- melinda ny, 08:23:33 02/24/06 Fri [1]

Hey Deb,
I was at Target the other day, they have some really cute things for little girls and guys... Plus totes too, they were high in price tho. about 50 dollars for the one tote, cheaper for the other one but it looked cheaper!

We just got a little Toy poodle, female, Elli, she champaign in color and we got Barley, he's brindle color, in Dec.... Just weighed both yesterday at DH's work, UPS scales are great. Barley's is 5.8lbs. almost 5 months and Elli's, 1.9lbs 2 months old.

I been thinking of a wrap-around coat, so i wouldn't have to put their heads and front feet through small holes. My mom bought a coat for Barley, what a pain in the a** trying to get the thing on!
Melinda NY

[> Re: Looking for patterns fro Chihuahua clothes LOL or totes for puppy -- Grandma Bonnie, 09:13:36 02/24/06 Fri [1]

I just got a chihuahua to add to my troup of Chis... I make rice bags for all of them to help them keep warm. I make a 10" x 12" bag of pre-quilted material and fill it with 3-4 cups of uncooked rice before closing the last side. This gets thrown into the microwave for 2 minutes before I put it in their beds under a blanket - it stays warm for hours! My Chihuahua love them! I have to warm them several times a day - yes, I have spoiled furbabies!
crafterwannabe

Postby Caboobie » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:31 pm

Dog treats poem for Pea Pod Pupppy treats

Date Posted: 21:14:31 07/27/06 Thu
Author: danielle
Subject: dog treat poem needed

hi everyone. my mom and i do craft fairs and we are starting to sell homemade dog treats. we want to call them Pea Pod Puppy Treats (after our name "Two Peas in a Pod") can anyone come up with a cute poem using pea pod puppy treats or any other poems for me to attach to them?? thanks a bunch!

Replies:

[> Re: dog treat poem needed -- jacksmum, 02:28:37 07/28/06 Fri [1]

Hello Danielle
I hope these help

Made by two peas in a pod
a pea pod puppy treat
a tail wagging taste
their flavor can't be beat.
(c)Sue Pitchfork

Pea pod puppy treats
take some home today
the ideal training tool
for learning and for play.
(c)Sue Pitchfork
Caboobie

Postby crafterwannabe » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:55 am

How to Make Dog Tug Toy & Poems for Tugs

Date Posted: 10:36:56 08/07/06 Mon
Author: Crafty43
Subject: Help with short poem Please!

Thanks to whoever posted the idea of a dog toy made from braided fleece. I made one for my dog and he loves it!! My dad came in one day and asked him where The Tug was and he went running for it, so we are now calling them The Tug. I want to make some to sell in my shop. Would one of you clever ladies come up with a short verse to put on a tag? Thanks!!!!!

[> Re: Help with short poem Please! -- Caboobie, 11:21:23 08/07/06 Mon [1]

Want to play a game of tag
Then buy a tug and see
Just how much fun your pet will have
As he pulls and tugs with glee
© 2006 Yvonne Lowther

All doggies love a game of tug
So buy this and make their day
For games of tug mean exercise
So come on let's go play
© 2006 Yvonne Lowther

[> Re: Help with short poem Please! -- Crafty43, 12:10:05 08/07/06 Mon [1]

Wow!! Thanks you so much, they are awesome. I'll have to use them both. Thanks again and Happy Crafting!

[> Re: Help with short poem Please! -- crafterwannabe, 12:19:02 08/07/06 Mon [1]

Yvonne, great poems! Makes me want to make a few.

Crafty43, can you please explain how you make the tugs?

[> Re: Help with short poem Please! -- Crafty43, 12:41:33 08/07/06 Mon [1]
How to Make Fleece Dog Tug
I cut fleece into 1 1/2" strips (make sure you have the stretch going in the long direction and not across the 1 1/2). Took 3 strips about 18 inches long and braided them. Brought ends together and tied them into a knot. This leaves a loop for the person to grab and the knot for the dog to hold onto. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!

[> Re: Help with short poem Please! -- Caboobie, 07:30:01 08/08/06 Tue [1]

You are welcome. Glad I could help

[> Re: Help with short poem Please! -- Terri, 00:42:57 08/10/06 Thu [1]

Cute, easy idea. Gotta make a few for my doggie friends.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleece Braided Dog Pull Toy

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/40243/ ... ck-dog-toy
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:44 pm

Link: Sling Carrier for Small Pet

Date Posted: 13:13:22 09/12/06 Tue
Author: Pamela
Subject: Dog pouch/carrier

I got my daughter a very tiny dog, a ChaPom. She won't get very big, at this time she weighs a pound. We have looked at Garage Sales and Stores for a carrier. One like you would use to carry a baby on your chest. Haven't found anything as of yet but think We could make something. A sling pouch with a harness inside it to secure her. Her name is Tinker Bell/Toy. Depending on how she is acting at the time. She is very jealous if I hold another pet. She is also a Diva at heart. She will stare at herself in my closet mirror for long lengths of time, even looking over her shoulder at her butt. What a Diva. Can anyone come up with an idea or pattern? You ALL are so clever. I appreciate you!!!!!!!!

Replies:
[> Re: Dog pouch/carrier -- Kimberly, 13:35:46 09/12/06 Tue [1]

I have a teacup chihuahua that is full grown and weighs in at a whopping 3 pounds. We bought a carrier for her in the toy department at walmart that was made for a little baby doll.
Kimberly

[> Re: Dog pouch/carrier -- CrazeeMoi, 18:51:42 09/12/06 Tue [1]

She made a sling to hold her cat..... also gave the link for the tutorial... hope this helps!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=108305.0

[> Re: Dog pouch/carrier -- Pamela, 21:07:34 09/12/06 Tue [1]

Thanks Ladies. I love the cat sling. Couldn't find a pattern or instructions. Would love to make one for Tinker, but with a harness attached inside it. She gets too squirrally to trust not to fall out in a flash.

[> Re: Dog pouch/carrier -- Daisy, 01:30:18 09/13/06 Wed [1]

When my lab was a puppy (got her at 1 week) I made one out of a jean leg I had to feed every 2 hours so she went every where with me

[> Re: Dog pouch/carrier -- CrazeeMoi, 08:06:32 09/14/06 Thu [1]

Here is the link to the pattern.....
http://www.ida.net/users/stace/sling.html
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Poem: Cat Treats (& More)

Date Posted: 16:57:19 02/15/07 Thu
Author: valerie_nyr4
Subject: Calling Crafty Me2...*SMILE*...cat poem..

Hi Crafty Me2
I have your doggie poem and Donna's doggie toppers..
Donna was kind enough to create a cat topper..when you have some time ....could you please creat a cat poem similiar to the doggie poem...all I need now is to find cat snacks..lol..
Thank you and have a great day..
valerie_nyr4

Re: Calling Crafty Me2...*SMILE*...cat poem.. -- Crafty Me2, 18:30:58 02/15/07 Thu [1]

Valerie,
~I would love to write a cat poem , but I am not sure to which dog poem you are referring? My computer is no longer internet workable and I have been using my son's pc and can no longer access mine. So, if you could include a copy of the one you want me to use...that would be very helpful!! I searched the archives to no avail!!
~~~You mentioned something about cat snacks - if you are looking for cat snack recipes the sites below have gobs of selections!

http://www.simplypets.com/pet-recipes/Cat/Treat

Re: Calling Crafty Me2...*SMILE*...cat poem.. -- valerie_nyr4, 18:46:48 02/15/07 Thu [1]

Here ya go...
Dearest doggy friend of mine,
this surprise is better
than a walk in the park,
I’ll make a bet with this Valentine gift
I just bought,will really make you bark!
This chewy, yummy, dog bone
is such a delicious, tasty treat,
It’s guaranteed to keep you busy,
whenever you feel the need to eat!
The best way to grab this tasty treat
is between your two front paws,
Then have loads of fun,
crunching and chewing it, with your jaws.
©Crafty Me2 2007

I deleted "Valentine gift I just bought" when I printed the doggie poem...hope you don't mind...your name was still credited for the poem
Thanks for sharing your talent
valerie_nyr4

Re: Calling Crafty Me2...*SMILE*...cat poem.. -- Crafty Me2, 21:16:07 02/15/07 Thu [1]

Valerie,
Might this work? ;)Crafty Me2

Hello, Miss Kitty, just look what I’ve got for you…
A bag filled with delectable morsels that are lots of fun to chew.
All well behaved cats deserve to be rewarded…once in a while,
It’s payment for their endearing acts that can charm and beguile!
This tasty delicacy is bound to bring a contented, feline meow,
Sample just one yummy bite and you’ll be purring up a wow!
©Crafty Me2 2007

Re: Calling Crafty Me2...*SMILE*...cat poem.. -- valerie_nyr4, 14:17:55 02/16/07 Fri [1]

the poem is purrrrrrrrrr-fect..thank you soooo much for taking the time to create and share..
the poets on this forum are so talented and so willing to share.....
We still have loads of snow on the ground and it is snowing now...we plow out the driveway and then here comes the town plow..another wall of snow!..lol...though hubby does not find it funny...he finally found what was wrong with the satellite hook-up...someone rode the tractor over the cable..lol..hmmmm wonder who that was...lol..
stay warm..
thanks again from a snowy central NY
valerie_nyr4

Re: Calling Crafty Me2...*SMILE*...cat poem.. -- Crafty Me2, 21:00:39 02/16/07 Fri [1]

Valerie,
You are so welcome, thanks for the feedback...it is always appreciated! Just want to close with this question!
What are cat diapers called? ;)Crafty Me2

Scroll down for answer...
PamPurrs, of course! Meow!
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:13 pm

Patterns for Cat or Dog Ornaments

Date Posted: 15:45:09 04/02/07 Mon
Author: Crafty Me2
Subject: Pattern ornaments for Puss or Pup

Ornament series 1 patterns are included ;)Crafty Me2

http://www.wwwearables.com/patterns/fre ... tterns.htm

Also check out cat patterns near botttom of the page

=Re: Pattern ornaments for Puss or Pup -- KPWog, 07:28:48 04/03/07 Tue [1]

Those are adorable. Put in my favorites for Christmas. Thanks for the site.
Barbara

Re: Pattern ornaments for Puss or Pup -- Carolyn S, 08:58:19 04/03/07 Tue [1]

Those are Adorable ...TFS .I think these will be something I will make,for the pets of Family and Friends.

Note: This is also archived on the Christmas Archive Board.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Mon May 14, 2007 4:02 am

Felt Cat Toys

Date Posted: 09:52:47 04/23/07 Mon
Author: shilo
Subject: Make some cat toys

http://craftbits.com/project/cat-toy-plushies/
crafterwannabe

Next

Return to Archive Board