2013 Secret Sister Information (Likes)

Archives for www.voy.com/100606/ ... Only archivers should post on this board but anyone can view.

Moderators: angela, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, Wilma, krafteekaren, Iwuv2craft, Alma, nylirose, wanda49, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

2013 Secret Sister Information (Likes)

Postby crafterwannabe » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 am

Date Posted: 16:51:21 01/14/13 Mon
Author: Stitches
Subject: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions

Boy some of you are quicker than I am... LOL.. Post here to your SS for information... Thanks .. Hugs Pat

Replies:
[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- IM IN HIDING :), 17:10:33 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Hello ALL, I'm looking to find out about Bonnie Knuckey what is your birthday, anniversary (if married), likes & dislikes, favorite color, hobbies, just anything that you would like to share so we (I) can get to know you. I can't wait to get started bring you sunshine in your mailbox and a smile in your heart. :)

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- bonniek, 20:23:45 01/18/13 Fri [1]

Wow! Top of the board! I can tell I have a real go-getter for my SS this year! I bet you will be hard to figure out. SO, let's see I'm 53 (ouch-I sure hate saying that out loud), I'm married with 2 pretty much grown children. Hubs and I have 2 dogs (Australian shepherd mix-Mitch & Sandy) and one cat (Bob-he's a manx-so Bob fits him in more than one way!) I work in a manufacturing plant. We are the world's largest beauty care plant. We produce Pantene, Head & shoulders, Herbal Essences, Aussie, Vidal Sassoon and Fekkai shampoos and Olay, Old Spice and Ivory body washes. I'm not much of a home decorator-we moved bought this house about 7 years ago and the walls are still white! I love to sew-I quilt, and like to sew almost anything and also do a lot of mending and simple alterations for folks. I have a problem with collecting homeless sewing machines it seems like. When I see one at an auction or yard sale, I just have to get it- and usually for almost nothing! I currently have 6 machines-but if I know someone needs one it goes home with them!I love paper-so making cards, and a little bit of scrap booking is fun too. I read books quite a bit, I have a Nook e reader, but still prefer to go to the library every other week or so. I'm old school I guess, I still like to hold the book and feel the paper. I blog..hmmm, I don't think I can post my site here, but if you google bonnieblogyou (all one word)then my blog will come up in the search. I do quite a bit of volunteer work for our little church. I create and publish the monthly newsletter and make the weekly Sunday bulletins. I make banners for the sanctuary- I need to get busy and get some new ones done- those wise men have got to go!!LOL! Well I hope that gives you some ideas...I'm pretty easy in fact, I just love to get a note in the mail that isn't a bill! I like the SS swap because it's always fun to try to send a bit of cheer to someone else-I think it's good for ones soul! Oh and 10-10 is my birthday

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- For Laurene Hamann, 17:30:13 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Hi there I am your SS for this year. I did see you are in the address book and that your birthday was Jan 8th so first I want to wish you a belated birthday and hope you had a wonderful day ! Now if you would tell me something about yourself I would love to get to know you better. I am looking forward to a fun year. Your SS

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Laurene, 14:33:26 01/15/13 Tue [1]

To my this year SS.
I just turned 69 ( Thanks for the belated birthday wishes.)I am married to a great husband who spoils me. I have 4 children and 7( one recently deceased) grandchildren.
I love angels, colors yellow, aqua, green blue. Love southern gospel music.
I used to teach Sunday School for about 27 years and now just attend adult Sunday School. I act as treasurer for our womens group at church. Also help get special music for our church every third month. I belong to a weekly Bible Study.
I like paper crafts, making any kind of angel. This year I made a lot of lace and tulle angels for family and friends.
I recently lost my Mom who was 90 in November. She passed on Dec 28 from a short bout with cancer. Am missing her but knopw she is happy in heaven.
I probably told you more than you wanted to know. Lol
Laurene

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- peek-a-boo, 17:37:56 01/14/13 Mon [1]

I am looking to play peek a boo with Muielle Lebrun. Could you please tell me all about you? Birthday,Married or not, fav color, Likes and dis likes, what crafts you do? Anything you think I need to know. Now let the games begin.A card will go in mail this week. Your 2013 SS

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- murielle lebrun, 21:50:28 01/16/13 Wed [1]

I like everything yellow, I try to make jewelry not too good at it but try hard. Love butterflies and Angels there all over my house. I also play at making cards, I don't take anything serious life is to short just enjoy. Married 44 years,born July 4.
Murielle (Miel)

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- For Mariellen, 17:38:42 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Hello from your SS!

A fun year begins....let's get started. Share a little about yourself with me; things you like, things you like to do, your favorite colors, anything you would like to share. I look forward to a fun year of getting to know you.

Your Voy SS of 2013!

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- snuffles/Mariellen, 17:48:24 01/16/13 Wed [1]

To my secret sister: I am not sure what to tell you.

I guess the most obvious thing is my birthday is Nov 26.
I love candy but am diabetic so am trying very hard this year to get it semi under control. So maybe occassionally.
I am making an attempt to getting into shape, really more flexible and moving with without pain. (Chronic pain/fibromyalgia and bunch of other problems), lose about 10-15 lbs hopefully more. So I need a lot of ENCOURAGEMENT to stay on this road til the end of year. Hopefully by then it won't be such a struggle.
I am trying to get back into crafting and so am looking for new or ideas.
I like card making, embroidery and needlepoint (No cross stitching no patience or eyes of it). Would like to learn how to knit and crochet and will try to take classes again this next few month.
I like paper crafts.
I like to ready mysteries, like Diana Motts Davidson, Steve Berry,

If you would like to know more just ask.

Oh final thought I will be 63 this Nov. Am owned by 22 yr old cat who likes to play velcro kitty. I recently lost my husband to parkinson complication.
I am a home body type of person. Hermit Mariellen
I like

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- SS, 08:39:09 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Good morning Mariellen,

I am sorry about your husband, and I am glad you have your little kitty friend of so many years for companionship. Our pets can bring such peace at times, can't they?

Well, I will try to remember not to tempt you with the sweets for I think most of us know the trials of dieting...not an easy task.

I have asked several board sisters to forward my cards to you. So you will be getting them from all around the country and hopefully won't guess right away who I am :-) One has been sent and should be forwarded on to you shortly.

Do you collect anything in specific; or, like me, and just collect things you love as you see them? That's how most of my 'collections' start..get one and then three, and then I have a collection,lol.

Wishing you the best of weekends. Enjoy and stay warm!

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Mariellen,, 12:14:51 01/23/13 Wed [1]

Do you drink coffee, tea or chocolate? What about favorite colors...any themes you follow?

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- to Robie harper, 17:47:59 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Robbie, please list a few things you collect or enjoy doing,or just things you like,,, colors of kitchen, bath or any thing else that would let me know a little about your likes or diislikes for this years secret sister. please list anything that you cannot have, scents, candy, tea, coffee, etc;===just feel free to tell me all.LOL...Robbie also list your Birthday, Anniversary, favorite color, collectables... thanks

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Robbie, 11:22:14 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hi SS; so the fun begins, I have just come off of 18 months of being ill so I am looking so forward to having fun and living again. I have been married 35 years to a wonderful man who has vascular dementia so his sense of humor and memory are a joy at this time. I have my son's family living with us and that includes 3 children 8,4, and 3 months also a joy. I love to crochet, I love using new yarn with colors that make you want to do something with it so you can see the finished product. I have tried everything and did two weddings from start to finish using my crafting talents. started with ceramics when I was 15, crocheting age 10 and sewing in my teens when I got out of school I tried everything but my peace of mind is crocheting I can relax and make anything, I do not like to use patterns if I don't need to. my favorite color was blue my whole life but now its red/orange strange. I like like and collect boxes and bags unique items to keep things in some are so pretty i can't walk past one of the bags the store sells to put your items in if its different. fun. I hope all is well with you and can not wait for my letter. My birthday is 1/1 and my anniversary is 7/30. I had a great birthday with my family. I can eat anything I have no allergies and I guess I should read all questions before answering them. I also read mysteries.

[> [> [> [> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- s.s, 10:52:48 01/17/13 Thu [1]

sorry about missing your birthday, u'r just to fast. sometime this yr. i'll surprize you with a belated birthday envelope.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- robbie, 19:50:21 01/22/13 Tue [1]

thank you. are a great ss already

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- peek-a-boo, 17:52:04 01/14/13 Mon [1]

I am looking to play peek a boo with Muielle Lebrun. Could you please tell me all about you? Birthday,Married or not, fav color, Likes and dis likes, what crafts you do? Anything you think I need to know. Do you have Kids. Themes and colors in your house

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Lollipop, 18:31:26 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Looking to touch base with Karen from UT. Any likes and dislikes you want to share and birthday?
Gratefully your SS

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Kitty/Karen, 20:48:02 01/14/13 Mon [1]

HI
I like all kinds of crafts, crocheting , knitting,makeing bottle cap jewerly.
No dislikes, I like just about everything.
My birthday is Feb 8th,1943.
Hugs
Kitty/Karen

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Secret Sister Susan Chappell, 18:45:18 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Hello Susan Chappell.

Please let me know your birthday and anniversary dates. Don't be shy and include any and all of things that you think I might need to know. I will be sending you for cards amd surprises by using different post offices in different states. Your card will be in the mail tomorrow. I don't know how long it will take to get to you so the next card will go out next week. Looking forward to a happy year!

Your Secret Sister,
Me

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- * Crafty Sue * or (Susan Chappell), 09:58:31 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hello SS!
The fun is about to start. AS you may see from the name I am "Crafty Sue" on the Voy.
My birthday is on February 19th and I will be turning 58 years old next month.
I live in Italy but I was born in Malta, I am Doreen's sister.
I am married to Antonio and i am mother to 2, Sara who is 31 years old and Neil who's 21.
My wedding Anniversary is on the 25th June and we will celebrate our 33rd anniversary this year.
I collect angels and this year I started collecting thimbles from different countries.
My favorite hobbies are crafting and photography.
My favorite colours are blue and red.
I don't know what to add, I hope I have given you enough information. If you want to know more just ask. I will be on the look out for your card and will write on the SS swap post to let you know as soon as I receive it. Thank you!
Thank you for getting in touch with me so quickly.
Enjoy your week!
Sue.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- For Secret Sister * Crafty Sue *, 17:41:04 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Thanks for answering. I do have one more question. Do you have any grandchildren?

I will be sending your items from different post offices around the USA.

Your Secret Sister,
Me

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- * Crafty Sue * or (Susan Chappell), 08:53:33 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hello again SS,
I don't have any grandchildren.
I do have a fur baby though, a cat called Toddy.
I think it's going to be a hard task to guess who you are since you'll be posting from different post offices around the States... well I am sure it's going to be fun.
Have a nice day!
Sue.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- for Annie Burch, 19:06:11 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Hi Annie. I am your SS for this year. Would like to know your likes and dislikes. Birthday, Anniversary, favorite color, collectables and any thing else you would like to share. It will be a fun year.

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Annie~B, 09:33:43 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hello SS,

A new year to start guessing who you are..any hints? LOL!

I really don't dislike much, although I can't have caffeine. So as much as I loved them, I had to give up chocolate and coffee. I like all colors, although I lean towards red, yellow and sage green. I love anything bird related and collect unique writing pens and key rings.

Papercrafting is the major craft I do; but, I really love and admire the things all the ladies on the board make...stitching, beading, card making, etc. I am an avid reader; will read most anything! I like to grow herbs and flowers in containers in the summer. My knees don't allow that ground contact any longer :-) My birthday is May 25; no children living at home, and no pets.

Thanks for touching base...enjoy your week!
Annie~B

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Michelle Newbold, 20:11:14 01/14/13 Mon [1]

I'm you SS. Just wanna know when your Birthday is? Your favorite color, what you collect, your likes and dislikes. Just curious about you. Let the fun begain.
Your SS

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions---- For Doreen -- SS, 20:53:39 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Okay Doreen it's now your turn.

Tell me a little about yourself, (hold nothing back)
Birthday, likes, dislikes, anything you like to collect,etc.

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions---- For Doreen -- Doreen, 10:19:10 01/15/13 Tue [1]

And now the FUN starts! Hello my dear SS, how lovely to hear from you : )

Now about myself, I will be celebrating my 60th Birthday this year on May 23rd! Our Wedding Anniversary is June 3rd.
I love to collect thimbles and have already over 60! I used to collect teapots but have cut down on this because of space. I also have quite a few angels. My fav crafts are glass painting and decoupage on glass, making cards, painting and writing poems and stories. I also enjoy beading and some crochet as well as painting from time to time but unfortunately have not had the time lately for all of these.
As you may already know I live on the island of Malta which is in the Mediterranean, have 2 children, our DD is 26 and our DS is now 23. No pets and no allergies. Anyway if you need more info just ask away.

Thanks for contacting me and I am looking forward to lots o'fun this year guessing who you are!

Hugs,
Doreen

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions ---- Laurel Caslow -- temporarily undercover, 22:47:09 01/14/13 Mon [1]

I am inviting you to have tea with me, but there is a slight problem. I won't be able to attend, but your presence is still required. Another problem--you will have to have the tea at your house, so grab you favorite cup to drink tea in and enjoy yourself. I do have a favor--I am your SS and I need to know as much info about you as possible. The more you can tell me about yourself and your likes/dislikes, favorite colors, what you like to do, special dates in your life, the more special things I can surprise you with!! So give it up and tell all. Excited to get started!

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions ---- Laurel Caslow -- Laurel, 17:35:15 01/15/13 Tue [1]

What a wonderful cup of tea!
Yes, I'm a tea drinker, the traditional tea, no herbal for me! Also I am pre diabetic so I am sugar free.
I am almost 60 and have been married for almost 42 years, our Ann. Is on August 14th. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. We also have a married son.
We attend car shows.
I love to sew. I mostly make placemats,totes and purses. I have also made some baby/children's quilts. Also make other odds and ends. I also do plastic canvas when the mood hits.
I collect thimbles and my hubby says I collect pin cushions because I have a few sitting around, but I love them. He also says I collect fat quarters because I have so many, but I love them,lol!
I use to collect tea pots but ran out of room for them, so now I keep an eye out for pretty china tea mugs. I don't care for the heavy ones.
Well, that's my info for now. Need anything else let me know.
Looking forward to learning about you too!
Laurel

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- kay knapp, 23:34:17 01/14/13 Mon [1]

Kay
Hi I am your secret sister this year. Please tell me a little about your self. You likes dislikes to you collect anything. I see your Birthday is May 12. Thanks

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Kay(PA), 12:23:26 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hi there SS.
I don't have much to tell. I am diabetic so need to watch the sweets. I drink coffee and tea. I collect Campbell Soup stuff, Coke Cola stuff, love antiques of all kinds and have an apron collection. I spend a lot of time on my enclosed Beach Theme porch. Do some counted cross stitch but time doesn't allow for much crafting anymore. This year my husband and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary. We are taking a cruise in May to celebrate my birthday, Mother's Day and our anniversary which is May 19. I have 2 daughters and 2 grandsons. I work every day and I'm involved in my church. I'm just happy I wake up every day and manage to make it through.
Hope this helps.
Kay(PA)

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Calling Dona Ray, 08:17:11 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hi Dona,

Here I am your SS for this year. Please tell me when's your Birthday and Anniversary. What's your fav colour to wear. Your likes and dislikes, including any allergies. How many children and grandchildren? Well tell me all you want me to know, I'm very curious about you. Oh yes what crafts do you like mostly?

Thanks
Your SS

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Dona Ray, 15:18:01 01/22/13 Tue [1]

My birthday is November is 27. I am a widow. I have a son and a daughter, 4 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. Purple is my favorite also like teal and wear almost any color except orange and black.
I like to sew am getting back into quilting. I do paper crafts, quilling, cardmaking and scrapbooking.
I like to drink tea and hot chocolate. Love chocolate candy of any kind.

I like to read.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Looking for---Penny Clark, 09:44:37 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hello! Nice to meet you! I would love to learn a little bit about you to start off our year.When is your birthday? Are you married?Do you have kids/grandkids? What hobbies or interests do you have?What is your favorite color to wear? Do you have any allergies?Do you prefer coffee or tea? I'll end there for now. Looking forward to to a fun year!

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Penny Clark, 13:04:20 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hey My birthday is Aug 5. I am married to a wonderful guy for 32 yrs on March 21. We have 2 kids son 26 dau 20. I like papercrafts making cards, scrapbooking some. I like all kinds of cratfs. I wear alot of black and bright colors. I cant have strong scents. I like tea and coffee.
I like snowmen and angels, frogs on my porch. I also like to Jorunal. Cant wait for the fun to begin. And I can try to figure out who you are. Hope this helps.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Calling Sondra Pearson, 10:08:55 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hello Sondra,
I am your 2013 SS and I would love to know your likes, dislikes, hobbies, birthday and anniversaries and all that there is to know between secret sisters.
Are you a collector?
Do you have pets?
Well, any other information will help to choose the right cards for me to send. Thank you! I hope to be a good SS and I am looking forward to start with the fun.
Take care and enjoy your week.
Your 2013 SS.

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Sondra Pearson, 12:27:43 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hi Secret Sister...
My Birthday is October 20..I love Sunflowers and Gingerbread Men. Our anniversary is July 2, 1966.
We have 3 kids (one son is forever 17) 5 Grandkids and 3 Great-Grandkids.
Don't have any pets.
I love making printables and going bowling with the grandkids once or twice a week.
I love old things...like antiques.
This is going to ne sooo much fun :)

[> [> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- From SS of Sondra Pearson, 12:53:43 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hello Sondra, thank you for replying to my questions, I am ready to start with the fun ... just one more question, which is your favorit color?
Take care,
Your secret sister.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- calling Sharon Depew, 14:39:48 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Please let me know a few things about you. YOur likes dislikes ect. Favorite colors, foods , music and anything else you can think of.

Birthday, anniversay any other special days?
Can't wait to get started.
YOur SS

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Sharon Depew, 02:45:35 01/16/13 Wed [1]

I am excited about being involved with the group this year :)
I will be 53 on Aug 6th, Colors, I‘ve always liked the color purple, although I like most all colors. Favorite food would have to be Mexican and music I've always listen to country, although I do like Christian music and the oldies.
I have been on a journey to lose weight and so far have lost 25 lbs. I read my bible everyday, attend a little country Christian Church and am the president of our women’s group. I enjoy birds, angels, but enjoy most all things. I have a 6 lb poodle that is my child, we are inseparable she is 16 yrs old and has anxiety so she is always with me. I like flowers, plants, and enjoy being outdoors. We have a big garden in the summer that keeps us pretty busy. I enjoy spoiling our cows and feeding them goodies. :) I always wanted children and was never able to have that joy, so I am blessed and thankful for 2 step grandchildren that are my joy and it makes my heart smile when I heard the name “memaw” :) I like to try my hand at most crafts, but don’t have any particular one that I do on a regular basic, I’m into sashay knitting now. Hope I have helped you out, feel free to ask anything else that I missed.
Thank You and May God Bless You Always.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Looking for Carol Klee from your SS, 17:01:20 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hi Carol, looking to have fun this year. Let me know some info about you. Birthday, hobbies and anything I need to know. I think we going to enjoy this. Hugs, SS

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Carol Klee, 02:15:01 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hello to my SS. I am a 70 year old retired custodian/janitor. A little about myself. I collect lots of things. Cats, pin cushions and thimbles, tooth pick holders, but my one true collectable is Santa Claus'. I love to sew and embroidery (stamped, not counted cross stitch.)Love making dolls as well as collecting rag dolls. I like tea not coffee. Chocolate is my weakness.
I read a lot of romance novels and like to work on jigsaw puzzles. I have 4 kids and 9 Grand kids. We love getting together to play games (Balderdash is an all time favorite)
My favorite color is red. I like country music and the golden oldies.
Married this year will be 49th anniversary on April 8th. Birthday, August 27.
Looking forward to a great year.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- secret sister (Att: Kakeladee), 17:47:46 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Here we go with a new year and I know it will be as good as the last one. So tell me a little about yourself. Likes & dislikes. Favorite colors. Crafts. Collections. You know the drill. And let me probably be the last to say "Happy New Year".

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- kakeladee, 14:17:21 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hi and Happy New Year to you :)
Favorite color is purple, Love anyrthing to do with crafts, love learning and trying new things. Let's see, so my hobbies I guess are, crafts of course, scrapbooking, card making, painting, plastic canvas dabble with crocheting not good at reading the patterns,like the Annie's Attic books,etc.
Birthdate: May 4th
Married 28 years - I see some are mentioning their anniversary. Mine is March 15th.
I have 8 grandchildren
I think that about sums me up. :)
Hugs
kakeladee

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- For Bronwyn, 19:50:03 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hi, Would you mind writing some of your favorites, hobbies, colors, likes, dislikes, birthday, anniversary, children? grandchildren? anything that you would like to share would be wonderful. Looking forward to getting to know my international Secret Sister.

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Bronwyn, 21:24:24 01/15/13 Tue [1]

I like paper crafts and cross stitch. Reading books, "who dun its", historical fiction and biographies.
Orange and grey are my least favourite colours.
my birthday 24/4 and anniversary 27/4
I have 1 grandson who will soon be 1 year old.
I keep busy with church activities and just started a church blog, as well as my craft blogs.
I enjoy cooking, as well as art and craft galleries and a good glass of wine or a nice coffee.
I had better stop now!
Bronwyn

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Linda Green, 20:51:32 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hi Linda! I am happy to be your SS this year. Needing some info such as birthday, anniversary, favorite colors, collections, favorite music and all the other details not listed!

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- LINDA GREEN, 00:43:26 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hi S.S. I love choclate, but I found out
I am full pledge, diabetic, so I cant have
it no more. I love anything to do with Breast
cancer. I lost my sil to it. So i have been
doing the 3 day 60 mile walk in her memory.
this will be my last year due to my health
my birthday is september 28 and I will be big 60
need anymore info give me a hollow

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- To Joyce Yost, 22:43:43 01/15/13 Tue [1]

Hello! I'm happy to say I'm you're new SS and would like to know a few things about you...your birthday, your favorite color, what you like to collect, etc. Anything you'd like to tell me would be great. Looking forward to a great year! Your SS

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Joyce Yost, 19:11:06 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hi SS,
My birthday is Jan.10 and I was 61 this year and so happy to have made it to this age. So many have not!! I love the colors pink and purple. I love Angels, butterflies, snowmen, Santas. I have just started back into crocheting Angels. First time I have picked up a crochet hook since my Dearly Departed crossed over almost 7 years ago.That is all I can think of for now. If you want to know anything else feel free to ask.
Hugs
Joyce

[> [> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Your SS, 09:50:39 01/18/13 Fri [1]

Thank you, Joyce for your reply. So sorry I've already missed your birthday, but I am sure a card will be coming your way soon!

Happy Birthday and hugs! Your SS

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about Pauline A -- SS, 11:34:01 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hi, looking for some information, mailed you a card today hope get it soon, please tell me something about yourself, family, hobbies, likes, dislikes thanks SS

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Pauline, 22:30:36 01/16/13 Wed [1]

To My SS - I love to sew, make jewelry and paper crafts. I collect sayings. I love the colors teal and rose. Love taking photos of my family. I don't want to divulge too much in fear of letting my SS know who I am. I will be glad to send you more info via an email. My SS is pretty savvy and will guess if I put any more info.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Alma Smith 's Secret Sister, 14:21:43 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hi, hope you are having a great new year. Please tell me a little about yourself. Your likes dislikes, birthdate, favorite color etc. anything that helps me to get to know you. Looking forward to getting to know you and being your secret sister.
Have a great one :)
Your SS

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- For Alma Smith's Secret Sister, 18:13:26 01/16/13 Wed [1]

This year has started off very good.

I am a Sunday School teacher and enjoy studying for the lesson. I don't have anything primitive because neither DH or DC care for that style. I don't collect anything.
I enjoy cross stitching, beading, and pinterest.lol I have been making pillowcases and embellishing towels. DGD has been talking me into making doll clothes. If it were up to her, I would be only making things for her.lol

My Birthday is May 27 and my anniversary is September 4. We have 3 DGC: a GS who will 12 this year, his sister will be 6 and our DS's son who will be 8.

My DM who is 82 is moving in with us when we finish building our log house. We hope to have it finished by mid summer if our money holds out. My DM stays with us for a day or two each week just to get her used to living with us.
My favorite colors are blue, pink, and red.
I love Thanksgiving better than any other holiday.
Spring is my favorite time of the year.
I enjoy a cup of coffee.

I hope this helps and if you need any more info, just ask.

Have a great one :) and (((Hugs)))
Your SS Alma

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Another SS year for Christine B, 16:39:52 01/16/13 Wed [1]

HI Christine! I'm so glad to have you as a secret sister, there's a card on it's way to you now, but maybe you'd like to share a little bit about yourself to help a sister out? Have a happy week sis!

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Calling Nylietta my 2013 SS, 17:40:38 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hi Nylietta, I'm your new Secret Sister for 2013. I'm looking forward to being your SS this year. I want to make it special for you. Would you please tell me a little about yourself? Your likes, dislikes, anything special you like to do, collect, favorite colors and whatever else you want to tell me would be great. I'm really looking forward to being your SS. Have a good week.

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- nylietta, 19:17:46 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hi
My kitchen is yellow my theme in there is sunflowers and birdhouses. I like penguins and snowman. Huge Blackhawk fan. I like to rubber stamp, I am in the process of making my dad a scrapbook. He turns 80 in April.
My favorite color is yellow. Nylietta

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- The Mystery Lady of 2013, 21:07:28 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Sarah C
I'm a mystery but will be your 2013 SS, and looking forward in getting to know you.
I want to know as much as I can about you, here are some questions I would like to know, please.
what colors do you like? Birthday? Anniv. if you are married? hobbies? collectables?
anything you would like to share I'm willing to listen.
Again I cannot reveal myself but the day will come I will, but until then I would like to spoil you.
also do you like ecards? if so somehow would like to get your email add where I could spoil you with some ecards from time to time.
so maybe you could send it to Carmen and she could forward it to me.
so please hand over some information for me pretty please.
Later friend..

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- SarahC (Cannon), 06:13:21 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hello! This should be a fun year!So let me answer your questions:My favorite colors are pink and coral.My birthday is Sept.16.I like scrapbooking,cardmaking,geneology and crossword puzzles.I collect swans and collector spoons.You can click on my name in blue for my e-mail address.Have a great day!

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- SS for Barbara Price, 22:10:31 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hello, I,m looking to find out about you,what is your birthday, anniversary (if married), likes & dislikes, favorite color, hobbies, just anything that you would like to share so I can get to know you. Look for something in your mail.

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- ss, 20:33:34 01/22/13 Tue [1]

when is your birthday

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- ss, 13:09:07 01/23/13 Wed [1]

Ok need a little more info mind not as sharpe as it use to be when is your birthday do you collect items. Tea or coffee or chocolate. Thanks

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- barb, 23:39:49 01/16/13 Wed [1]

Hello
Bday~~7/29/54
a widow but anniversary 6/22
colors~~ purple and red/ or purple; because I belong to the Red Hat Society.
Also like natural colors
I live with a girlfriend n her husb so my space is my computer corner and bedroom and bath
learning to make cards; scrapbooking
Collect frogs; red hatting things; stickers; card making n scrapebking things.
Allergy to some strong smell
I am a christian.
looking forward in having you n getting to know you
Thanks

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : Janice T. -- Hiding Friend, 00:50:57 01/17/13 Thu [1]

I am happy to get started. Give any info that would help me in Sending u diffrent things. Bd. favorite color, do u do crafts and what kind. Just fill me with any info for you

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- JaniceT, 02:30:15 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hello SS - - A little about myself:
First, I am nosy. Where are you hiding?
BD - 12/2
Anniversary - 1/21/72
2 children - daughter and son
I love anything homemade and vintage. I am not picky.
I like to go to thrift stores, yard sales. Love my bargains
Colors - love pinks, green, wine, red, blue, yellow, etc.
I collect many things - children's books, drinking glasses, what-nots and doodads, cat figurines, snowmen, santas, old cards of any type.
like fat quarters, plastic canvas, stamped cross stitch, embroidery, decoupage, anything to do with making cards.
love birds and anything to do with nature. Love flowers.
This should give you enough to go on, but if I overlooked anything that you would like to know, feel free to ask. I look forward to getting to know you over the next year.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Mary Lee Jensen from you SS, 12:26:42 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hi Mary Lee,
Please tell me something about yourself. I haven't been on here in a few days so I'm a little late in posting this. Hope to hear from you soon.
Happy January,
Your 2013 Secret Sister

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- For MaryLee's SS for 2013, 13:08:52 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hi there I am so excited to be in the SS swap. I always enjoy having so much fun through the year and trying to keep myself a secret. My BD is March 12th, Anni is Oct 11th, married to my wonderful hubby, kids are grown, have had my own craft business for many years but now we are planning on moving south closer to family and are in the process of trying to find land and build a new home so I have cut way back on crafting for now. My favorite colors are seafoam green and mauve and neutrals. I love to sew and do wood crafts. I collect alot of different things, bears, bunnys, dolls, black cat items, antiques like old tins, kitchen graters, old milk bottles, etc. "Our" hobby is showing our 1972 Corvette at shows and cruises. We also like to go on vacation ! I have bad allergies and don't burn strong scent candles. If there is anything else you need to know just ask. I am hoping this will be a fun year for us all. Hugs, MaryLee

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Hunting for Judy Dotson :), 12:37:03 01/17/13 Thu [1]

I'm your Secret Sister for 2013...and would love to know a little bit about you...Your likes, Dislikes, Birthday, Anniversary...you love anything special ? How about collecting anything ?
Favorite color ? Just tell me anything you'd like me to know about yourself.
I can't wait to get started !!!!

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Judy Dotson -- to my Secret Sister, 14:46:13 01/17/13 Thu [1]

HI, I sent one message and just as I hit send our power went off! I hope you don't end up with two answers, but here goes again! LOL My birthday is January 4, anniversary Feb. 2. We have 6 children, 2 (18 & 20) still at home, and have 8 grandchildren. I like most all crafts but am more into the paper crafts and card making right now. I don't like gag gifts usually, and can't have candles in the house as they make my husband miserable. I like small things and am not a big collector of any special thing, just keep lots of stuff that I like. :-) I use a lot of brown tones in my house and burgandy and white in my kitchen--there again no special theme. I like both coffee and tea and love chocolate. I like to cook and like trying different types of recipes. I am looking forward to a great year!!
Judy

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- SS to Deb from NJ, 12:31:16 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Not sure you will be seeing this as I know you were going in the hospital. I pray that everything went well for you. If you are reading this then fill me in on things. And any info that you want to share with me.
I look forward to learning all about you.
Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery from your surgery.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- For Debbie from NJ SS, 23:06:26 01/17/13 Thu [1]

Hi my new secret sister,
I'm looking forward to this years quest! My likes, anything homemade, angels, candles, tea,hallmark ornaments, homemade ornaments anything Christmas! My favorite holiday is Christmas and I was disappointed this year that I couldn't do all the decorating I usually do because of my medical problems. My birthday is Nov 3 and I'm 56 years old. I was married for 28 years and my DH passed away 18 months ago. We weren't blessed with children, but I have many nieces and nephews that are like my own. I have 1 furbabie a beagle named Bonnie. She was a rescue and I've had her for 7 1/2years. I want to get into card making, have a cuttlebug and lots of dies that I haven't used yet. I'm a big tea drinker and like all kinds of tea. I am a uterine/ovarian cancer survivor, diagnosised last March, Treatments are finished for now, No real themes in my house. Living room/dining room is mauve and colonial blue. I love blues, purples, green and mauve. I don't have many dislikes except I'm not into anything primatives. If you need to know anything else just ask. Looking forward to a year of fun!
Hugs, Debbie

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- SS to Deb from NJ, 20:25:31 01/23/13 Wed [1]

We are having a cold, cold spell too. Good weather to stay indoors and craft! I think I have another email set up now so you may just get an email from me in the next day or two.
Glad to hear that you are able to do some crafting, that has to help the time go by.
Stay safe and warm!
Hugs!

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Secret sis to Deb, 15:25:51 01/18/13 Fri [1]

Thanks for the info. Happy to see you post. Are you able to do any of your crafting at the present time? I hope to be a great SS to you.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- SS of Debbie from NJ, 19:44:30 01/23/13 Wed [1]

Hi Secret Sister,
Sorry I'm late in answering but I haven't been on the computer in several days. In answer to your question, I am able to do my crafting but at a slower pace. Right now I'm crocheting a baby blanket for a friend who is expecting. I'm also working on designing Cinderella invitations, centerpieces and favors for a friend's daughter's 1st birthday. Everything takes a little longer since my right arm is still partially paralyzed. Have a good week. Hope you are warmer than I am, it was 2 degrees here this morning with a wind chill of -12.
Debbie

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Linda Hull, 15:33:35 01/22/13 Tue [1]

Hi Linda,
Would you please tell me a little about your self. Birthday, anniversary, likes, dislikes. What crafts do you enjoy? Do you collect anything? favorite colors? anything you would like to tell me so I can get to know you better. Thanks.
SS

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- shilo (Linda Hull), 18:01:13 01/22/13 Tue [1]

Hi SS my favorite color is purple. I'm married, our anniversery is 21 Nov. Together we have 8 grandchildren. I have 2 children from my other marriage. My son is a ER doctor in Chattanooga, Tn. My daughter works for the department of social services. She's going to school for her doctor of psychology. Hubbys daughter is a financial aid for pima medical. My birthday is Sept 21. I'm 57 years young. I'm not picky just can't have strong smells due to asthma, and other lung issues. I do alot of beading, and crocheting. I collect angels, and snowmans. Thanks for asking.

[> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Wanda Mize, 21:33:43 01/22/13 Tue [1]

Hi wanda
I'm your ss for this year
would like to no when birthday and anniversary
is. also you favorite color and what craft you
like to do
your ss

[> [> Re: OT: SS SWAP : info about your SS and Questions -- Wanda Mize, 23:01:55 01/22/13 Tue [1]

hi. love the s.s. swaps. this is like my 11th yr. BD-5-1-47, makes me 63.anniversary-nov.19th- will be 48 yrs. i have 4 children-2 girls-42 and 43 and 2 sons-44 and 45.all married, 8 grandchildren & 4 great grands.due to asthma, i have no animals and cannot do scents.i love to go thrift shopping and love a bargain.i have bad knees so I'm trying to lose some weight right now.I'm learning to quilt, easy blocks, and i love to sew,I'm not a collector of anything. and have no themes in my house.i don't care for anything primative. i have a cuttle bug that i just love.greens and earth tones are my colors....here's a list of what i enjoy-romance pocketbook novels, jigsaw puzzles, not extreme ones, rubber stamps, pretty papers and envelopes,anything handmade, and i love coffee-i have a Keurig,teas. and chocolates. i know this is more than you ask for, but as a ss i love hearing the likes and dislikes of mine.thank you for asking. i hope you get a great ss. WANDA
crafterwannabe

Return to Archive Board