Upside Down Tomato Planters

Archives of Gardening and Outside Projects, Links and Ideas.

Moderators: krafteekaren, Caboobie, crafterwannabe, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Upside Down Tomato Planters

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri May 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Date Posted: 08:56:04 05/01/09 Fri
Author: shilo
Subject: How to make a upside down tomato planter

http://diymaven.com/2009/03/18/how-to-m ... o-planter/

Replies:
[> Re: How to make a upside down tomato planter -- Nancy K, 11:15:34 05/01/09 Fri [1]

We made the bucket tomato holders 2 years ago. Gave one to Mom and she harvested over 100 cherry tomatoes off just 2 plants. We planted one from the bottom and one it the top.

[> Re: How to make a upside down tomato planter -- Nancy K, 11:17:38 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Here's how the bucket tomatoes look.
http://www.oldfashionedliving.com/tomato2.html

[> Re: How to make a upside down tomato planter -- Huskerfan, 12:08:17 05/01/09 Fri [1]

This is just really neat. I want to do it so have to see if my DH has a drill bit that will work. We love tomatoes but not digging up the yard. Plus my dog plays frisbee and she tramples anything growing. Thank you so much both of you.
Linda

[> Re: How to make a upside down tomato planter -- garnet, 16:47:27 05/01/09 Fri [1]

Thanks. Good idea. I've been considering doing upside down planters. I hope to see pictures posted of this tomato plant later on. The pot looks a little shallow. Don't know if it would hold enough soil for the roots. I'm wondering if it would dry out too fast in my high desert climate.

[> Re: How to make a upside down tomato planter -- Gardenbabe, 10:32:09 05/02/09 Sat [1]

Thanks for posting the link to the painting bucket design. I have been wanting to try this, and this fits the bill of recycling. I live alone, and one tomato plant will be plenty for me. Again, thank you!
crafterwannabe

Return to Gardening Archive Board