Gag Gift Ideas for Hiker

Archival of Gag Gift Ideas

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Gag Gift Ideas for Hiker

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:21 am

Date Posted: 09:18:17 01/23/15 Fri
Author: nancy in mo
Subject: hikers gag gifts needed

Hello ladies i need your help. I am making a backpack for a hiker full of gag gifts for hikers, she will be in bear country so looking for bear gags what do you have for me today?

Replies:
[> Re: hikers gag gifts needed -- Shirttails, 12:30:13 01/24/15 Sat [1]

Toilet Paper! I'd be so scared if I walked into a bear.

A pair of Pull Ups!

[> Re: hikers gag gifts needed -- nancy in mo, 14:06:15 01/24/15 Sat [1]

Carol I was thinking a new pair of underware but love your idea of pull ups. I also thought of leaves instead of paper something like natures tp. A sign do not pet the bears.A bear whistle to scare away the bears and bells to pin onto self to scare them. Nancy in mo.

[> Re: hikers gag gifts needed -- Shirttails, 15:41:27 01/24/15 Sat [1]

A marshmallow gun would be nice. Shoot the marshmallows far away so the bear will chase them. They like marshmallows. :)

[> [> Re: hikers gag gifts needed -- Shirttails, 15:43:26 01/24/15 Sat [1]

Here ya go. I'd use the TP tube for this one.
Marshmallow or PomPom Shooter
http://grandparentsplus.com/www-grandpa ... ters-html/

[> Re: hikers gag gifts needed -- jazz, 13:11:39 01/25/15 Sun [1]

Very funny & clever ideas. Here is something I had saved:

teddy bear, gummy bears, cinnamon bear cereal, etc
jingle bell
plastic pepper
Bear warning
Due to the frequency of human/bear encounters, the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen & any persons that use the out of doors in a recreational or work related function to take extra precautions while in the field.
We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as to give advance warning to any bears that might be close by so you don't take them by surprise.
We also advise anyone using the out-of-doors to care 'pepper spray' with him in case of an encounter with a bear.
Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, & be able to tell the difference between black bear feces & grizzly bear feces. Black bear feces is smaller & contains lots of berries & squirrel fur. Grizzly bear scat has bells in it & smells like pepper.
--kit idea - jazbo

(((hugs)))

[> Re: hikers gag gifts needed -- Addy, 17:19:05 01/25/15 Sun [1]

Oh what great ideas. Soooo funny. Wish I had a skit to do so I could use these. After all the ideas, I'm going to copy it down and use it somewhere along the way.
Okay, now my idea. What about a version of the "over the hill cane" only for a hiker's walking stick. Maybe have a cup holder, a tricycle horn or big bell, can of Bear B Gone (a spray can of something with the red circle with line, I guess it's called the no sign, could put a bag of leaves like nancy suggested. A holder for the marshmallow shooter and your gummi bears. I'm rattlin' on now.
Luv all the ideas you guys have.

[> Re: hikers gag gifts needed -- califncsun, 06:53:47 01/28/15 Wed [1]

nancy in mo, I have been missing you. I hope all is well with you and your family.
crafterwannabe

Return to Gag Gifts Archive Board