Mert's Silhouette Cutter Project - Bulletin Boards

Archives of Pictures

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Mert's Silhouette Cutter Project - Bulletin Boards

Postby Alma » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Date Posted: 23:46:37 02/03/12 Fri
Author: Mert
Subject: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter

I got my new Silhouette cutting machine a couple of weeks ago and I lvoe it. I am still learning - there's so much to learn with the machine - so many things that you can do. I am glad that Johnnie suggested this machine since I had never heard of it before. There's so many cutting projects that you can buy at the Silhouette store for only 99 cents. The other day they had valentine stuff on sale for 50 cents so I bought some of those for my library to use at another time.
Anyway, some of you may remember that I posted on the VOY about needing a machine that had pretty Font selections since I needed lettering for the church bulletin board - this was my basic need however I can do much more with this machine.
I am still learning and it is going to take some time to learn all that this thing will do.

This is my very first project with using my new Silhouette Cameo cutting machine. It's the first of many creations/projects that I hope to do with the machine. This complete project including the border was done using the machine. I had white "store-bought" border but needed a thinner trim for this particular board.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/Me ... 012002.jpg

My 2012 Valentine Church Bulletin Board

Replies:

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Londonlee, 05:34:31 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Beautiful. You've done a really nice display.
(((HUGS)))Lee

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- MrsLadebug, 06:14:27 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Mert, Wow! Great Job!! Love it!

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Reta, 08:06:59 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Wow this is awesome. I received a Cricut for Christmas and have not even accomplished this type of project. Still trying to learn the cutting techniques.

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- shilo, 08:11:07 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Love it..

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Calico, 08:45:22 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Mert,
Your bulletin board you created is Beautiful!! I was admiring it last night, but with so much Spam on the board I didn't want to post. Hope that stays away now.
I'm going to l@@k up information about this cutting machine. The prices of the projects are Great!

Happy Crafting!!
Calico

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- * Crafty Sue *, 08:57:16 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Wonderful job!
Love it!
Sue.

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Nannyday, 09:35:32 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Beautiful love it ! Nannyday

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Huskerfan, 12:14:18 02/04/12 Sat [1]

I have a cricut but want this instead. I went to see what it is and it is great. Sure wish I would have gotten this. You did such a great job. Thanks
Linda

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Laurene, 14:12:05 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Where can you get this machimne? I have one of the original Sizzix and have a hard time finding dies in this area. Have bought some on E-bay but they all seem to need pay pal now and I don't want to use that. Thanks.
Laurene

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Doreen, 14:16:36 02/04/12 Sat [1]

That's beautiful Mert, great work, well done!

Hugs,
Doreen

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Grandma Bonnie, 16:33:07 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Nice work!

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Canadianviolet, 16:45:21 02/04/12 Sat [1]

WoW ! The board turned out fantastic !!!
Hazelanne

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Mert, 20:58:11 02/04/12 Sat [1]

Thanks for all the nice compliments ladies. I was really kind of proud of what I did since I haven't had the machine for long and learned enough to accomplish this. Johnnie from here on the VOY board recommended this machine since I needed it mainly for doing Fonts however there's so much more that can be done with it. My suggestion for you is to do what I did. Do an online comparrison search between the Cricut and the Silhouette. It comes with the basic Fonts - these upload when you load your machine onto your computer. I bought the Font that you see on the bulletin board at the Silhouette store for 2.99. All of the graphics at the Silhouette store are only 99 cents. I bought some on sale the other day for 50 cents - these were valentine graphics. I could go on and on about what it does but what you need to do is research it if you are in the market to buy a cutter. I still have a lot to learn about this one and I know that is is going to take some time to learn all about it.
I bought mine from Overstock.com - I got $30.00 off as a new customer and I applied for the Overstock.com credit card and was given another $30.00 discount.

I like it because I don't have to buy dies or cartridges. I can buy individual things that I need and they are sent directly to my computer for use.

Mert

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Bev(meme), 01:12:18 02/05/12 Sun [1]

Wow Mert, you really are creative with your machine, I am looking forward to seeing what all you come up with. Keep us posted. HUgs, Bev(meme)

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Mert, 09:28:55 02/05/12 Sun [1]

Bev, I imagine that I will have a hard time staying out of the online Silhouette store. They have soooooo many things. And just to think - just a few weeks ago I was trying to find (locally) cupcake wrappers to dress up the sock cupcakes that I had planned to make and here they are - at the Silhouette store and I can pay 99 cents for the wraps to make them as big or as little as I want and I can make all of them that I want.

Mert

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Jan Eggers, 12:01:56 02/05/12 Sun [1]

Great job. Jan E

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Stitches, 15:40:19 02/05/12 Sun [1]

Mert, glad you were able to use yours... I finally gave up and sent it to my school teacher in CA to have for her class... haven't heard if she has used it yet or not... very busy lady... SO I am glad some one could make the thing work... I just bought a Cricut and have to find time to play with it... Good Luck.... Loved your project... Great job..... Hugs Pat

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- M♥ther Hen <><, 16:40:26 02/05/12 Sun [1]

Isn't it awesome how God used that Scripture to fit into our
LOVE day !

I think and I know that God invented L O V E ! ♥

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- M♥ther Hen <><, 16:47:29 02/05/12 Sun [1]

Hey Mert > Could you do a Straight on picture shot of this AWESOME CREATION I want to make a Copy and Put it in a Frame !
If you will allow !

Thank You >
You can send it directly to me if you Wish !

Mother Hen <>< "Creating Is A God Thing "

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Mert, 21:08:02 02/05/12 Sun [1]

Mother Hen,

I love your quote> Creating is a God thing! He started it all in the beginning, and got it done in 6 days didn't He?

I'm just trying to do my little part for the Kingdom.

I sent you a message and picture.

Mert

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- SueZQ, 00:23:12 02/06/12 Mon [1]

Wow! You did a great job. Thanks for sharing your creative work and for all the good info on the machine.

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- HDMac, 10:02:36 02/06/12 Mon [1]

Looks GREAT, Mert!!!

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Rochelle, 19:02:12 02/13/12 Mon [1]

Mert,

that is beautiful, I am thinking about doing a bullitin board at our church but do not even know where to begin. Love it, you do beautiful work. Where do you get the big paper from?

love it thanks for sharing

Rochelle

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Mert, 23:41:24 02/13/12 Mon [1]

Rochelle, Thanks for the compliment.
Normally, I buy my bulletin board paper at the Parent-Teacher store located in my area - but it's about 60 miles away from where I live so when I go I try to stock up on paper and other stuff for my up-coming boards. I can't find a lot of Christian themed things there - they do have nice ones - but not always what I might want to go with for a particular holiday or whatever. I do a lot of my own printable work that goes on my boards. I can only print
8 1/2 by 11 using my printer but I have made images and cropped them in pieces and then pieced them together to make on large piece. I did a stream like this one year for the father's day bulletin board. It contained several printed parts that were pieced but it looked really nice with the way that I pieced it together.
The red paper that you see here is gift wrap from Walmart. I use to have a huge board but we did some remodeling at church and I requested a smaller board - it's 45 inches wide and 33 inches long.
I don't like using gift wrap because of the gloss - I prefer regular bulletin board paper. You can get BB paper that has the grass/fences already printed on it - some has the sky with clouds. I bought some to use at Christmas that has a night sky with stars all over it. I love it!

Here's pics of the one that I did on the BIG bulletin board for Father's Day one year. This is the one that I created on 8 X 11 1/2 paper and pieced together the stream.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/MertVnWV/BB1.jpg

The Christmas board was created by cut outs from the Parent-Teacher Store - notice the night sky paper.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/MertVnWV/BB21.jpg

[> Re: O.T. My first project using my new Silhouette Cutter -- Rochelle, 01:06:41 02/14/12 Tue [1]

thanks Mert

those are beautiful too, great job

I was thinking of doing the bullitin board at my church, we have had the same one for the last five years I think no one has ever tried to decorate it, and I can't take the yellow and green any longer its making me nuts lol,

here are a few of my thoughts

March spring April Easter, May Mother's Day, June Father's Day July Independence Day Aug end of summer Sept fall or Grandparents day, Oct something about life being frightful without Jesus (we don't do halloween) Nov Thanksgiving Dec Christmas Jan new year new beginning Feb Valentines day. Do these sound ok for a board?

thanks
Alma

Return to Picture Archive Gallery