BonnieK's Thanksgiving Treat + Sayings for Treats

This is an archive of all the neat Thanksgiving Ideas from our main board.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

BonnieK's Thanksgiving Treat + Sayings for Treats

Postby crafterwannabe » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 am

Date Posted: 11:45:37 11/03/12 Sat
Author: Bonniek
Subject: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet

Hi Ladies. I have leftover Skittles candy from Halloween. I was thinking that instead of eating them!-I would make them up for Thanksgiving. I was thinking to put them in the matchbook style holder but a little poem about being thankful, or having a little treat while waiting for the big thanksgiving dinner or something along those lines. FYI Skittles are M&M shaped colorful fruity candy chews. The packages are only 3" or so square so a short poem would do the trick I think! Thank you for any efforts!

Replies:
[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- Linda Ohio now GA, 15:51:28 11/03/12 Sat [1]

While waiting for your meal to eat
Enjoy this little Thanksgiving treat.

( I am no poet, so hopefully one of the gals who is, will come along soon.)

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- Doreen, 16:24:32 11/03/12 Sat [1]

That's a really cute ditty Linda, you've inspired me...here's another one Bonnie...

Let's be thankful for what we are about to eat,
In the meantime enjoy this Thanksgiving treat!

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- del s., 18:53:57 11/03/12 Sat [1]

Would someone be willing to write the first poem in a match box holder or maybe you have a different idea. Some of the ladies in my group make little favors for the different seasons for patients in our town hospital. Will thank you now.

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- Bonniek, 21:31:03 11/03/12 Sat [1]

Oh thank you so much! Those will do perfect! Linda & Doreen, you are sooo clever! Thank you so much!

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- Linda Ohio now GA, 11:27:56 11/04/12 Sun [1]

You are welcome, Bonnie.
Doreen, I liked yours better than mine.

Del, you could make a bag topper with the little poem and a cute graphic to put on the topper. I'm sure you could do this in Microsoft Word if you don't have a different program on your computer. Put the goodies in little clear plastic ziplock jewelry bags available in different sizes in most craft stores. You can find some cute graphics to save and use by doing a Google search for Thanksgiving Clipart, Pilgrim clipart, etc. I found a cute graphic of two little pilgrim kids and the words "Thanksgiving Blessings" which I have used as a topper and put in two Hershey nuggets. I use them as handouts to doctors, nurses, waitresses, clerks, etc.

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- Bonniek, 17:22:38 11/05/12 Mon [1]

Here's what I made from my left over Starburst candy. I used the bags i had in my stash from Karen last year!

Pictures:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/ ... AG2360.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/ ... AG2362.jpg

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- Linda Ohio now GA, 19:28:47 11/05/12 Mon [1]

Bonnie, those turned out great. You were quick getting them all made.

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- Doreen, 06:51:49 11/06/12 Tue [1]

Great work Bonnie, I love your idea : )

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- Bonniek, 15:18:21 11/06/12 Tue [1]

Thank you! Yes, they are very quick to make! Punch out the big circle and fold it in half and staple it on, then glue or dble stick tape on the rhyme. Thanks to all of you for your help!!

[> Re: Need A Poem For Thanksgiving Sweet -- jazz, 10:12:36 11/07/12 Wed [1]

Those turned out so nice. Great work, ladies. (((hugs)))
crafterwannabe

Return to Thanksgiving Archive Board