#3 Emptying Temporary Internet Folders & History

This will be an archive of the computer lessons from our main board to use as a help guide.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

#3 Emptying Temporary Internet Folders & History

Postby krafteekaren » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:12 am

1. Click on Start.
2. Go to Settings.
3. To Control Panel (make sure that your computer is set in Classic View)
4. Double click on Internet Options.
5. Under Temporary Internet Files click on “Delete Cookies”. A little window will pop up and ask if you want to delete all Cookies. Click OK and let your computer do its thing.
6. Click on the button beside it, “Delete Files” and another window will pop up asking “Delete all files…..” Click OK, and let your computer do is job. If you have a lot of files it might take a while. When the hour glass changes to an arrow it is done.
7. If you want to delete your History, the button is below the Temporary Internet Files. Click the button “Clear History.” Personally I leave my history on my computer for 5 days and have it set to only keep 5 days of History. You can change the settings on how long it is to be stored by clicking on the up arrow or down arrow.
8. Click apply and then OK and close out of your Control Panel.

If you surf a lot on the internet, it will make your computer run faster and smoother if you dump your Temporary Internet Folders at least twice a month, more if you find your machine slowing down.

Next weeks lesson is Desktop, Screensavers & Monitor Settings.
krafteekaren

Return to Puter Tutor