Method Members Use to Back Up Computer Files

This will be an archive of the computer lessons from our main board to use as a help guide.

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

Method Members Use to Back Up Computer Files

Postby angela » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Date Posted: 21:01:18 08/26/09 Wed
Author: MaryLee
Subject: OT what method do you use for backing up your computer files??

Just wondering what everyone uses to backup your files. Does anyone use Carbonite.com??

Re: OT what method do you use for backing up your computer files?? -- Kitty, 23:32:13 08/26/09 Wed [1]

I use a Seagate external hard drive. Love it

Kitty

Re: OT what method do you use for backing up your computer files?? -- KarenSimon, 01:05:11 08/27/09 Thu [1]

I also use an external hard drive. DH likes his Flash Stick. Can take it from pooter to pooter. Besides having mine and his 4 networked together we share files.

Re: OT what method do you use for backing up your computer files?? -- califncsun, 06:30:43 08/27/09 Thu [1]

I use mozi.com I pay 4.95 a month for unlimited space. I had a extrnal hard drive and it crashed, lost everything on it. I will be following this one. Thank you MaryLee for starting it. I also use cd's, when I started using the external harddrive I had stopped with the cd's.

Re: OT what method do you use for backing up your computer files?? -- nancy in mo, 09:24:46 08/27/09 Thu [1]

I too was using an external hard drive, that was untill i got a trojan and now my computer is sick. I have gone back to using Cd's more safe that way. Nancy in mo

Re: OT what method do you use for backing up your computer files?? -- Linda Ohio now GA, 15:07:42 08/27/09 Thu [1]

My computer tech put an extra hard drive in my computer and copied everything over to it, then every Monday night, anything new I have added to my computer during the week gets automatically copied to that hard drive......hopefully.

Re: OT what method do you use for backing up your computer files?? -- LeeW, 20:39:54 08/27/09 Thu [1]

I have an external harddrive and have absolutely no idea how to use it. The Dell guy set it up, put everything on it for me, and now I don't know what to do with it or add to it. I'll have to get my daughter over here to show me I guess.

Re: OT what method do you use for backing up your computer files?? -- KrafteeKaren, 01:42:22 08/28/09 Fri [1]

I have 3 External Drives and wouldn't even consider backing my files up without them. Each drive is partioned off...some has 3 drives...some has 4 drives, just depends on the size.
Nancy....not sure how you got a Trojan.

LeeW...email me and I'll walk you through it.
Hugs
angela

Return to Puter Tutor