YO-YO ANGELS

Archive for Angels-ideas, projects, poems, and links

Moderators: Caboobie, crafterwannabe, vheyovs50i, krafteekaren, Craftsayings Users, Maintainer

YO-YO ANGELS

Postby krafteekaren » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:18 am

THIS IS FOR YO-YO ANGEL IDEAS AND LINKS. MOST POEMS ARE SUITABLE FOR ANY TYPE ANGEL. SEARCH BY CATEGORY ON THE ANGEL BOARD - EXAMPLE FRIENDSHIP OR GUARDIAN ANGEL.
krafteekaren

Postby crafterwannabe » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:05 pm

GENERAL YO YO ANGEL INFO

Almost anything you want to know about yo-yo angels is on Shirley's main Craft Sayings Projects page. There are LOTS of poems for lots of vocations/situations.

http://www.craftsayings.com/projects/sm ... ndex.shtml

Archiver's Note: Here is a good suggestion for making good yo-yo angel wings - copied from a 04/04/04 post on the Sewing Announcement thread:

[> Re: yo yos with wonky wings, but how do you make a pin please? -- KrafteeKaren, 16:14:32 04/22/04 Thu [1]

Fay when I make my wings for the Yo-Yo Angels I make them out of the same size yo-yo that I make the angels from only out of lace or shiny material. After you stitch around the circle and pull the thread tight so that you only have a little hole in the yo-yo, I take and wrap the thread around the middle of the yo-yo a few times and pull it tight, it makes perfect wings everytime. If it doesn't for some reason, you can adjust it before you make your final knot. Hope this helps.

How to Make a Yo-Yo (including pictures)
http://www.cddesigns.com/AfternoonProj/YoYo/how.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to Make Quick Yo-Yo's
Date Posted: 15:58:56 05/16/03 Fri
Author: Judy R
Subject: Quick Yo Yos

I may be the last one on the voy to know this, but if you are making a lot of yo yos, machine zig zag over crochet cotton, around the edge of the circle, then you can just pull up the gathers. A lot quicker than hand gathering. Easier on the old arthritic fingers too.

Replies:
[> Re: Quick Yo Yos -- Linne, 17:52:12 05/16/03 Fri [1]
Judy, I would love to try this. Do both the 'zig' and the 'zag' need to catch the fabric or can one stitch run off the edge?

[> [> Re: Quick Yo Yos -- Jo, 18:05:41 05/16/03 Fri [1]
Judy, you must be genius!! I use this method for all my gathering when I am sewing, and never thought of using it on yo-yo's. Thanks for the tip, and I can't wait to get started.

[> Re: Quick Yo Yos -- jazbo, 19:07:39 05/16/03 Fri [1]
Gee whiz! I use that method for gathering on clothing too, but never thought to apply it to yo-yos. Great tip - thanks Judy! [[hugs]]

[> Re: Quick Yo Yos -- fauxma, 03:19:14 05/17/03 Sat [1]
yippe...... another short cut..... my poor hands thank you too...... now i'll share my meds...... lol......
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:17 am

INFO ABOUT 1-1/8" WOODEN BUTTONS WITH FACES FOR YO YO ANGELS

Date Posted: 20:42:33 07/29/04 Thu
Author: Londonlee
Subject: YoYo's

HELP!!! Please I'm back trying to help a group of Seniors (some are first time crafters but most of them have physical & mental challenges to over come) with crafts for a bazaar to be held in November. I thought that YoYo Angels might work well for them. Material,lace & ribbons I have in abundance and I found 1-1/8" wooden buttons with faces already on them that will work. My problem is that I didn't save any of the cute sayings or poems to go with them, 'cause "I wasn't going to be doing this again".The poems are what makes the YoYo's so adorable.

Please will somebody share some with me for them? It would mean a lot to a group of old Dears.
Thanks
Lee

Replies:
[> Re: YoYo -- lou, 21:29:27 07/29/04 Thu [1]

Londonlee, Where did you find 1 1/8 inch wooden button faces? Are they sorta flat or are they like a round bead? That info would be greatly appreciated.

[> Re: YoYo-- Londonlee, 13:08:38 07/30/04 Fri [1]

Thanks I really appreciate getting these. I think the ladies will enjoy them.

I found these 'button' heads in a dollar store in London Ontario. They have slightly domed faces that remind me of the button forms that dressmakers cover. I have never seen them anywhere else.

This is what is printed on the bag topper.

DB010

Button Face - 8PCS/BAG
SIZE: 3cm(D0 x 0.7cm(T)

The brand is:
Crafts Medley
Imported by
MultiCrafts Canada
Ottawa,ON.Canada
Made in China

Maybe this information will help you track them dowm.

> Re: YoYo Poems -- lou, 19:19:10 07/30/04 Fri [1]
Londonlee, Thanks for info. I'll try to locate them here.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:44 am

EILEEN'S BREAST CANCER AWARENESS YO YO ANGEL

Date Posted: 17:15:55 03/01/04 Mon
Author: Eileen
Subject: New yoyo pin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/ ... eryoyo.jpg
Got the idea from Lynne (waycoolcrafts). I have a friend going thru radiation right now..... She likes pins....

And to think I got my start on this forum with all the yo yo pins I made a few years back.... (thanks Shirley for all the great poems you made up for the pins) Eileen

Replies:

[> Re: New yoyo pin -- jaz, 23:22:21 03/01/04 Mon [1]

Eileen, that is a very loving angel idea. The pink ribbon was the finishing touch. Thank you so much for sharing. (((hugs)))
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:18 pm

RED HAT YO YO ANGEL POEMS
Note: This post is also on the Red Hat Society thread.
Date Posted: 13:09:06 07/29/04 Thu
Author: Candy
Subject: Is there a red hat yoyo angel poem?

Is there a red hat yo yo angel poem?

Replies:
[> Re: Is there a red hat yoyo angel poem? -- jenjoy, 01:59:13 07/30/04 Fri [1]
Hi Candy. I don't know if there is one or not so here's a quick one I just wrote for you...hope it works...
Red Hat Angel Poem
Ladies wearing red hats
Need protection too
That's why this little angel
Is looking after you!
(by: Jennifer Byerly)

Re: Is there a red hat yoyo angel poem? -- Candy, 23:53:14 07/31/04 Sat [1]
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I just don't have the talent for it, but your poems are ALWAYS great!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: 00:30:53 08/02/04 Mon
Author: Mary
Subject: Red Hat Angel Pin Poem Needed

Can someone please write a poem for a Red Hat angel pin, please? Thanks in advance....Mary

Replies:
[> Re: Red Hat Angel Pin Poem Needed -- katieangelamber, 08:27:05 08/02/04 Mon [1]
Red Hat Angel Poem
The queen protects her kingdom
But she needs protecting too
So this little Guardian Angel
Will guard and protect her for you
(or use Will guard and protect her true)
©katieangelamber 2004
crafterwannabe

Postby crafterwannabe » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:07 pm

STATE QUARTER & RED HAT YO-YO/PAPERCLIP ANGELS

Crafty43 cleverly combined Butterfly Paperclips, Yo-Yo's, State Quarters, and Gemstones to create these adorable state quarter and Red Hat angels. See Paperclip Angel Announcement for all details.

Picture: State Quarter & Red Hat Yo-Yo/Paperclip Angels
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/ ... Angels.jpg
Last edited by crafterwannabe on Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crafterwannabe

Re: YO-YO ANGELS

Postby crafterwannabe » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Scroll Down for Photos of Yo-Yo Angels

http://donnasintheattic.typepad.com/don ... 28dc74970d
crafterwannabe

Return to Angel Archive Board