Compiled & many originals by email@example.com
Collection © 1972 - 2002 by Shirley Thomas @ CraftSayings.com
- Gardening adds years to your
life and life to your years.
- You have to eat a lot of
parsley to be an old sage.
- A rose lives here with an
- You can bury a lot of
troubles digging in the earth.
Bulbs are resting!
used to love my garden
but now that love is dead,
for I found my bachelor buttons
in my black-eyed Susan's bed.
thought is a seed. If
you plant crab apples don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious.
- Gardeners have the sunniest
- The only thing I grow in my
garden is tired.
- The philosopher who said
that work well done never needs doing over never weeded a garden.
- Beware of snap dragons!
- Mom's garden.
- Herbs make good scents.
dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on the best
therapy... dirt, flowers, garden!
- Bring on the sunshine!
- Have patience... nothing
grows quickly except weeds!
- I dig gardening!
- Tread softly.
Your feet are killing me!
(On a sign near planted seeds)
- Going to seed without a pot
to peat in!
- I fought the lawn and the
- The difference between a flower and a weed is a judgment.
- Gardening often begins with daybreak and ends with back break!
- Gardeners know that trees grow on money.
- Weeds -- All you can pick -- FREE!
add spice to your life.
plant the seed, you make it grow.
You send the rain, I work the hoe.
- Weeds happen, come rain or shine!
- Early to bed, early to rise,
work like hell and fertilize!
blesses the hands that work in a garden.
- Hi hoe, hi hoe. A
gardening I grow.
- Garden Goddess. . . Hard at work!
- There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any
winter. One is the January thaw. The other is the seed catalogues.
the gardener's best intentions, nature will improvise.
- Zucchini's terrific...
Like bunnies, prolific!
- Patience in gardening is a necessity, hardly a virtue.
- The grass may look greener on the other side but it still has to
- God's in charge of flowers and seeds and
I'm in charge of all the weeds.
seeds of kindness everywhere.
Make the world a happier place here and there.
spring, summer, fall. Lord,
thank you for them all.
been so dry the trees have been whistling for the dogs!
- One for the rock, one for the crow,
One to die, and one to grow. - English saying
- One for the blackbird, one for the crow,
One for the cutworm, and one to grow. - American saying
- A good gardener always
plants 3 seeds...one for the bugs, one for the weather and one for
- Many eyes go through the meadows, but few see the flowers.
- Abandon your post, and nature will sneak in and steal you blind!
coming! Submit yours
Sign up for 25
new sayings each week plus much more in weekly newsletter!
Clip Art Credit: http://www.cksinfo.com/clipart8.htm