Compiled & many originals
Collection © 1972 - Present by Shirley Thomas @ CraftSayings.com
Use individually but please
do not reprint entire collection or significant portion without copyright
notice intact. Thanks and I hope you will enjoy!
- $100 placed at 7 percent interest
compounded quarterly for 200 years will increase to more than $100,000,000 -
by which time it will be worth nothing. Might as well spend it now!
A bargain is something
you will never be able to use at a price you were unable to resist.
- A budget is a methodical way of going
- A friend is a daughter, who grows up to be
your shopping companion.
A husband shopping with
his wife is a wait watcher.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with
a single cash advance.
- A man once lost his credit card to a thief
but decided not to report it because the thief was spending less than his wife
A penny saved is a penny
you can spend on crafts. ( sub fishing, golf clubs, chocolate, etc.)
- A successful man is one who makes more
money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is who can find such a man.
- A woman's place is in the mall.
- All you really need in life is love and a
few major credit cards.
- Anyone who lives within their means
suffers from a lack of imagination.
Anything is possible with
love and a major credit card.
- As a child, a library card takes you to
exotic, faraway places. When you're grown up, a credit card does.
Baby’s First Words! Mama
- Dada – Visa
Barbie is the name.
Shopping is the game.
- Barogue: Out of monet.
Beautiful to look at and
lovely to hold, but if you break it consider it sold!
- Better to eat vegetables and fear no
creditors, than eat duck and hide from them. -- The Talmud
- Blessed are the coupon clippers, for they
shall be redeemed.
Born free. Now I'm
- Born to be free, or at least until the
money runs out.
- Born to Garage Sale!
Born to shop, forced to
work to support it.
- Born to shop, not mop.
Born to yard sale!
- Browsers Welcome. Buyers Adored!
- But Honey, we can afford it! I just sold
your truck! (computer, fishing gear, golf clubs, etc.)
- Collector of useless, worthless,
can't-find-a-place-for, don't-need-it, bargain finds and proud of it!
Coupon clipping saves
some people right into the poorhouse.
Crazy shopper on the
- Credit giveth and the repo guy taketh
Deck the halls, then off
to the malls.
- Designated shopper!
Direction in my life
means deciding which road to take to the mall.
- Don't hold back… Charge!
- Why do we spend money we haven't earned to
buy things we don't need to impress people we don't like?
Garage Sale Goddess
Garage Sale Junkie
Getting money is like digging with a needle. Spending it is like water soaking
into sand. -- Japanese Proverb
- Girls just want to have funds!
- Give me the luxuries in life....I can live
without the necessities!
Gone antiquing. Will return some day.
Gone yard saling. May the winds blow me in the right direction.
- Home is where you keep your stuff while
you're out buying more stuff.
I am woman, see me shop!
- I belong to Mallaholic Anonymous, but I
shopped around for the best group.
I breathe, therefore I shop.
- I can't go home. I still have money.
- I have enough money to last forever or
until I need to buy something.
I like my money right where I can see it... hanging in my closet.
- I like shopping a la cart.
I need a new man. I broke my last one.
- I need a richer husband or cheaper tastes.
I want it all and I want
- If deficit spending is good enough for the
government, it's good enough for me.
When men go shopping, they call it market research.
- If you can't shop with the big dogs, stay
out of the malls.
- If you need a penny, take one. If you
need two pennies, take two. If you need three pennies, get a job.
I'm a luxury few can afford.
- I'm a Mallaholic.
I'm living life to the credit limit.
- I'm sick of housework, dishes and mopping.
I'm leaving it for you. . . I'm going shopping! shirleyt
I'm suffering from Mallzheimer's disease. I go to the mall and forget where I
parked my car.
In God we Trust...All
others pay cash.
- It was time to go shopping and I didn’t
know what to do. I wanted to get something perfect and as special as you! As I
sat there in a panic the answer came in a flash, along with warm loving
thoughts just give you cold hard cash! -- Wish I knew the author!
- Just one shopping day left until tomorrow!
Lean, mean shopping machine!
- Many people are like the letter B... in
deBt for no reason at all!
- Money is the stuff you use when all of
your credit cards are maxxed-out.
Money isn't everything. There's credit cards, money orders, and travelers
- Most women shop all their lives and still
have nothing to wear.
My credit line is my life line.
- My heart belongs to Daddy. . . and so do
my credit cards!
- My husband says if I go near the mall
again he's leaving. I'll miss that man!
My husband says if I go to one more yard sale, he's going to leave. I sure am
going to miss him!
- My idea of a nature walk is crossing the
parking lot to the mall.
- My tastes are simple. I only like the
My wife says if deficit spending works for the government, it works for her.
- My yearnings exceed my earnings.
- Never spend your money before you have it.
-- Thomas Jefferson Easy for him to say. They didn't have Visa back then!
Murphy’s Shopping Law: No matter how long you’ve shopped for an item or how
low the price, buy it and it will go on sale the next day.
- On Cupid, On Donder, On Blitzen, On VISA!
Overdrawn? But I still have checks left!
- Personal checks require a $50 deposit and
have a $20 limit.
PMS Symptoms: Blistered feet, broke and frazzled. (aka Perpetual Mall
- Shop like a bull. Charge everything.
Shop 'til you drop and spend to the end!
- Shoplifters get a free ride… in a police
- Shopping charges me up.
Shopping Fact: The other line always moves faster.
- Shopping forever. Housework whenever.
Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the
scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the
ecstasy of the purchase. -- Erma Bombeck
- Shopping is better than sex. If you're not
satisfied after shopping you can make an exchange for something you really
Shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.
- Shopping is my only extravagance.
Shopping isn't just my life. It's bigger than that!
- Shopping: The fine art of getting things
you don't need, with money you don't have, to impress people you don't like.
So many garage sales... so little time!
- So many malls. So little time.
So many men, so few who can afford me.
- So many shops, so little time.
So many yard sales. So little time!
- So much stuff, so little money.
- Some folks say that money talks; and that
I can't deny. I know, with utmost certainty, my money says "Good-bye"!
Spring has sprung. The grass is riz. I'm off to find where the next yard
- Stop me before I shop again.
The best thing to make you forget a passing fancy is something fancier.
- The odds of going to the store for a loaf
of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.
-- Erma Bombec
There are three dimensions to credit cards. . . length, width and debt.
- There's no place like the mall.
This little piggy went to market and maxxed out all her credit cards.
- To really get to know a woman, go shopping
To shop or not to shop? That is a silly question.
- Veni, Vedi, Visa. I came. I saw. I
Veni, Vedi, Visa. I came. I saw. I shopped.
- WalMart is like a black hole. It sucks up
women and you think they will never come out!
- We break...we cry. You break...you buy.
- What came first the woman or the
department store? (sub mall, jewelry store, etc.)
When I die, bury me near the hardware store so my husband will visit.
- When I die, bury me near the mall so my
wife will visit.
When I die, bury me near Wal Mart so my wife will visit.
- When I get tired of shopping, I sit down
and try on new shoes.
When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another
country. I think I'll go shopping!
- Who needs Santa. I have Visa.
Who needs Visa. I have Santa!
- Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness
didn't know where to shop.
Your husband called and said to buy anything you want!
- Your wife
called and said to buy any tools you like!
The Shopping Sayings Category is also included in the Money Sayings Category.